close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do any Dillon 1000 machines exist??

Discussion in 'General Reloading' started by Fitz Grips, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Years ago I was Dillon's first dealer and he shipped me 6 #1000 223 rifle machines which I promptly sold for $1,250 each and none of them worked for even one pull of the handle. Dillon refused to admit responsibility and my customers had to sue him. I believed in having spare parts for reloaders I sold including Stars and AutoChamps and bought $500 worth of parts or the #1000 which I was not allowed to return.

Do any Dillon 1000 machines exist operational that I could sell some parts for??

Thanks

Paul Jones Munitions Systems at the time in the 70's

2. smty1

smty1 G&G Newbie

YES They do

What parts do you have and what price are you looking to sell them at.

Thanks

Jason

3. tamalpias

tamalpias G&G Newbie

should this be in the retail section?

4. You were lucky you weren't a trader in the UK or Europe, cos here it is the trader's responsiblilty to ensure that all goods are 'fit-for-purpose'. The customers would get their refund from you and you'd have to sue the supplier. Same-same with guns which don't work.

5. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

iirc the 1000 and the 1050 are different machines.

6. It could be worse. You could be trying to get the "no BS" company to send you parts for the RL-300.

[​IMG]

This is from Dillon's website.
    I think they classified the RL-1000 as a commercial machine. That gives them an excuse for not warrantying it.

7. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Well since this is in this forum I'll chime in.

I've never had their products and probably never will. For few reasons one the lack of customer support as evidenced here, two the complaints I'vr heard about some of their presses and three read below.

I used tro get their news letter/catalog and after one idiotorial insulting everyone who was not an NRA member by the owner I quit'em.

8. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    to be straight up honest, this is one of the very few complaints you will ever hear about dillon anywhere. ol fitz had a bone to pick with dillon and ran around every forum he could find and ran his mouth about them, and then in the next breath tried to sell everyone his old leftover star reloading equipment. Dillon has better CS than 99% of companies anywhere. if you dont like Mr Dillons opinion, thats one thing, but to jump in on BS about CS that is truly not deserved, is not cool.

9. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

If you like'm then fine but "this one compliant" is not the only reason I'd not buy their product nor is thecompany owners opinions either.

And at one time I was all set to buy their product.

I'm just glad I didn't now.

I'll stick with RCBS and Hornady.

10. My Brother has thee maybe four shot shell Dillion presses.I never heard him complain.I guess he liked them,I don`t know..Seems like he did or he would`nt have bought so many.

11. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf G&G Evangelist

This thread has been revived a few times! I never heard of a Dillon 1000, and for many years there were no Dillon dealers, it was all factory direct.

12. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Everyone just needs to face the facts that every company out there has, at one time or another, built some sort of crap that they no longer wish to support, ie: the Dillon 1000, Windows below 7(for now)
    , the Yugo, TI-64 computers, etc.

what is ironic is, all companies have done this but it's only significant if it's not a company that YOU support...

FWIW, I understand this to some extent as it would be a bit unreasonable to expect Fomoco to still be producing\warrantying parts for Model A's in 2011, but then again, he never offered a lifetime warranty on the Model A. IMO, if you're not prepared to back up your claims-keep your mouth shut!

13. 99dragon99

99dragon99 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

WOW! Talk about a zombie thread...

Originally posted in 2002, single post no answers...
    Revived in 2009 by a guy with 1 post...
    And again in 2011...

I've never heard anything (really) bad about Dillions, as a matter of fact I have seen people praise them.

I don't have one, so I will not comment any further than that.

14. deadzero

deadzero G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

if there were more Dillon owners out there that were dissatisfied, you would think the thread would have grown with others chiming in over 9 years?? one guy, 9 years ago had a problem with a commercial machine and vented his frustrations on here. funny thing is, I have never seen or heard of a "Dillon Dealer" before. everything was sold factory direct to keep consumer cost down by eliminating a middle man markup.

I bought my own piece of Dillon equipment, a 550, after I had been reloading for a few years. that was back in the 1980's. thousands and thousands of rounds have passed thru that machine (3 to 5 thousand a year) with no failures due to design or workmanship. I've messed up and stripped a thread once, and flat wore out powder measures (tilt and bind on the top stroke) and Dillon has replaced my problems for no charge.

say what you want, buy what you wish, but the lack of complaints from other owners on this thread say far more than just words...

15. By the way. My RL300 works just fine. They just don't honor the no BS warranty that came with it.

Originally Dillon was going to sell through Dealers. The original owner of my RL300 bought it from a Dillon dealer in Jacksonville FL.

16. Tracer

Tracer G&G Aussie Dad

And while we're at it that ,wolf ammo will ruin your guns!

17. I have had 3 dillons a 450, and 2 550B's Bottom line the best service I could ever ask for. I had a Hornady L-N-L AP and sold it wasn't what I had come to expect from my blue one's I kept the 2 550B's and never looked back I wrote up a big review between the 2 loaders I think its on here someplace

18. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    there are dillon dealers out there, just not a whole lot of them. there is one of in my area, and the best one is on line brian enos, it can be found by searching for his forum.

19. I think Dillon's service is great. Just don't buy a 1000 or 300.

20. medalguy

medalguy G&G Addict

My .02: I own five Dillons, four are 450 machines and one is a 550. I've worn out a few parts and broken (worn out) a couple of springs, and every time I have called Dillon about a broken part, they have sent me AT LEAST one part free, sometimes several in the case of springs. I also own several RCBS presses and they too back up their products although their presses (Rockchuckers) are nowhere as complicated as Dillons, hence virtually nothing to break. Dies and pins they have replaced, and even replaced an Auto Prime that I really wore everything out on.

Agreed, you won't hear very many complaints about Dillon equipment.