do I buy a glock 34 or a 1911 in 9mm!??!?!

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by god&guns, Sep 19, 2010.

1. god&guns

god&guns G&G Newbie

MN
    ok, what I want to know is : witch is more recoil/ witch one is easyer to shoot faster with. (both are in 9mm)

and well, i know the 1911 trigger is better but how is the glock 34 trigger compared to the 17 or 19?

witch points better? ( that could be up to me)

and does anybody have anything els to ad?

2. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

Colorado
    personally, id get the 1911.
    what brand 1911 are you considering?

3. god&guns

god&guns G&G Newbie

MN
    yes, you will laugh, i am looking at the taurus pt1911. but from what I have seen it can shoot one big hole at 25 yards

4. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The Glock 34 has a longer barrel and is often used as a competition gun. It has a lighter 4.5 pound trigger as compared to the Glock 19 and 17s 5.5 pound trigger.

What do u want it for? Most 1911s will probably weigh more due to it being a steel gun vs a polymer framed one like the glock.

As for speed shooting thats really inconsequential and depends on how much you train on the platform. You can shoot a glock just as fast and accurately as as a 1911.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbC5mEc6ipE"]YouTube - Fast Glock Shooting[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU3jceN4JAc"]YouTube - Dave Sevigny F.A.S.T. Drill Record, 3.56 seconds[/ame]

Most 1911s that are chambered in 9mm are competition guns. Other "stock" guns like the Springfield Armory EMP have been finicky about ammo.

As for which points better thats entirely up to you, a 1911 grip angle or a luger grip angle. The difference is also more pronounced depending on your shooter stance as the Glock grip angle is more suited to an isosceles combat squared off stance etc. I dont have any problem with the glocks grip angle. Some people absolutely hate it.

It all depends on what you want.

Personally. I went with the SW M&P9 Pro series. Same 4.5 pound trigger and Its the best of both worlds lol. Glock reliability/simplicity and striker fired design, high capacity and with more 1911 ergonomics.

5. god&guns

god&guns G&G Newbie

MN
    how heavy the gun is isnt an issue for me. I just really like 1911s and their triggers.

6. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

It appears you answered your own question. You may not know it, but the 1911 fits you better, which is why you like it.

7. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

I vote 1911

8. jlf599

jlf599 G&G Newbie

I know a lot of people dislike the Taurus line, but I've fired several very nice ones. I'd own one.

That said, I did buy a Rock Island Armory at Bud's on Friday when they were doing their big Gun Show/Taurus Sale. It came down to the RIA and a Taurus .45. I don't think I really could have gone wrong in that price point. I wanted an inexpensive decent .45 1911 to shoot with before buying a more expensive 1911.

As for the Glock, they make fine weapons. Reliable. Rugged. Pretty much guaranteed to fire every time. I just don't like how they feel. It's a comfort thing.

9. My brother n law Had a Rock Armery 1911 in .45 and it was a good gun. He sold it before I moved to texas and killed me cause I didnt have the money to buy it off of him. I would have rather had that than my POS Lorcin .380 lol.

10. hack1911

hack1911 G&G Newbie

KY
    Well, you can probably guess what I'd take. But I'd definately go with an RIA over a Taurus.

11. ALR

ALR ][][][% Forum Contributor

Maybe in six years or so your taste in guns will change, you may even prefer a 1911 in 45acp.

12. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

I've got a RIA 1911 .45 and it is great. My trigger needed some wear-in, as it was getting kind of stuck once in a while. But, after doing a good break-in, it doesn't have that problem anymore.

13. god&guns

god&guns G&G Newbie

MN

well... the glock points better but I just dont know of I want to take the time to master the trigger.

plus, I just like how the 1911 looks. but, I dont know of that is good reson to buy one.

UUHHHHHHHGGGGG!! its so hard picking out a gun!