close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do I need a M1A1?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyclops, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

The word is, the M1A1 will be banned in CA starting 1/1/03. Which got me thinking...do I need one?
    I don't have any rifles in my collection. I rarely shoot long guns but when I do, it's usually a buddy's. I buy the ammo and I can shoot it until I've had my fill, which is usually only once a month.
    I ask this now before the end of the year rush for them & the supply runs down & the $$ goes up...

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I personally believe that it is impossible to own too many guns and everyone should own an M1A1. If they do ban the 'PRK-Legal' M14, are you grandfathered if you already have one? If that's true, I would definately get one. But then, to me, that sounds like you would be ending up on a lot of 'lists' that you probably don't want to be on. JMHO. They are great guns tho.

3. Where are you getting this info about no more 14's in California starting in 1/1/03? That's a new one on me.

4. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

I've heard the rumor from most of the gun places I hang out & from guys I shoot IDPA with. It's still 100%, but the idea is to push to get your M1A1 before the mad rush before the end of the year.
    Yeah, I know it sounds like a sales ploy, but I really respect a couple of the opinions I've heard this from.

5. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Dang! they have already committed sacrilidge by "PRKeratizing" it. Can't they just leave a classic alone. Heck, CMP used to sell the 'forbidden' 20 round M14 magazines until they ran out and that's the government. Wake up PRK or you're going to loose a few seats in the house because of lack of populace.