close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do they make a drum magazine???

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SKS_Man, Apr 3, 2002.

1. SKS_Man

SKS_Man G&G Newbie

Do they make a drum magazine forthe russian sks. Also what is the biggest magazine they make.:confused:

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

They USED to make a 100-rounder for them, though they are very rare. You can still find 75-rounders, but they are pretty expensive when you do. About $150 for a used one. Try looking on www.gunbroker.com. Sometimes they surface every now and then..........

3. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

AK 75 rounders are 120-150... SKS drums are basically dried up from commercial sources. Expect to pay the price of an SKS for one. Not worth it to me, since you'd set the gun on fire if you fired the whole thing as fast as you would need to to make it worth it. SKSs are made for 10 round fixed mags. Other mags are pushing the performance. Ok, I guess the fire thing is for those stupid full auto versions, but still, I'd wait between thirty rounders myself.

4. edgar alvarez

edgar alvarez G&G Newbie

i have an sks and i have problems with the 7.62 ammo get stock on the chamber

5. I have seen one SKS drum at a gun show a few years ago and haven't seen once since. I wouldn't mind getting one as a part of the collection, but I'll still take the standard fixed 10 round any day.
    Avoid all after market mags.

6. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Edgar, You need to have a clean chamber with no oil and it needs to be smooth but NOT highly polished and make sure your gas port in the barrel is not crudded up....
    Rich

7. edgar alvarez

edgar alvarez G&G Newbie

its the 762 the only size for the chines sks