close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you believe? Trust the Press?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I sit here and read several diffrent news sources..watch the tv news and the rest of the ways in which we learn about whats going on. Localy I see a big diffrence between my 2 local papers as to what makes it and wht does not. Likewise I keep seeing that the economy, consumer confadance, and turism rate (a biggie for my area) are booming....then a few pages later that travle rates are down and that 4 companies are laying off due to poor sales. I keep seeing conflicting stories...or even headlines that go "Turism is Hot this summer"....then half way through the artical says a fair season is expected.
    Do you see these thing? Do you trust the news you read/watch?:confused:

2. none of what I read and only half of what I see.
    I think thats how it goes anyway.

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I think they print, publish, show whatever they think will cause the most sensation without causing them any legal ramifications...PERIOD!

4. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

HOOO-HAAAAAAAAA,HA,HA,HAAAAAAAAA,GASP,RATTLE,SNORT,WHEEZE.............YEAH,RIGHT!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    You go Rave! DANG! that's what I should have said.

6. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Rave,good one. Believe the Mainstream Media? Anybody want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge?

7. never have really trusted 'em, most TV anchores are mearly a bunch of talking heads, spouting what ever they have to, to keep their jobs.
    And as for the rest of 'em, don't get me started!!!:assult:
    -Jesse

8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I usually only buy the sunday paper and watch the Fox affliate newscast 3 or 4 times a week. I'm not a news junkie and lots of times could care less whats going on...maybe ignorance is bliss? If I don't hear anything sad I won't be sad, If I don't hear something that makes me mad I won't be mad. Really only pay alot of attention to gun,hunting,and fishing issues.

9. That's ok NRAJOE I'll watch the news for ya. I watch the news while I am on the net.

10. NRAJOE

I'd trust you alot more than them,I'll tell ya whut!

11. Guys I have a question--Did anybody have a problem this morning with the site. It wouldn't let me in--data base error.

12. NRAJOE

Had the same problem. Went away by afternoon...chalk another one up for Chris and Jesse, I'm sure they were the ones who got everything up and running again. Thanks bros!

13. FireStar

FireStar G&G Newbie

Trust the media...?

"HELL NO" !!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you a good example of what I'm talking about. I read in my local newspaper (in the Police Report section) about crime by perp's using "AUTOMATICS." Now I don't know how many times I've contacted the Police Blotter reporter, Chief Editor, Ast. Editor, etc., etc. and explained the difference between a "AUTOMATIC".. "Semi-Automatic" gun and a "Auto-Loading" gun.

No need for you to read any farther, because you know where I'm going with this. IT DOESN'T DO ANY GOOD!! Even though I pound on them and pound on them, the still REFUSE to use the correct terminology. Why? Sensationalism sells newspapers.

14. Liberal media--any questions.

15. Well, yes

I BELIEVE the press will absolutely put a lib spin on any story

I TRUST that they will torpedo any conservative or religious cause with their reporting.

Is that what you meant Doglips?

LOL!

And now, sniper and his dancing sniperettes!

:guitar:
    :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

16. Artillius6918

Artillius6918 G&G Newbie

Fla.
    Haaaa! At first I thought this string was just a test! I see, now, that it was a serious question. So, in a word: No!

17. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I get a mix of everything but mostly talk radio, fox news, and newsmax.com