DO YOU HAVE A WORKABLE PLAN FOR THE RESULTS OF 3 NOV 2020?

Discussion in 'Survival Discussions' started by Ten Man, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

All politics aside, I encourage you to do an honest assessment of your current situation, and decide if you REALLY have a Workable Plan for SURVIVING any eventual repercussions of the Election that is taking place in 8 days. This thread is not aimed at "natural disaster" events, because we have had enough of those this year to ensure that folks have already taken care of those issues, (EXCEPT FOR THE COMING CROP FAILURES).

We have kicked around SHTF and TEOTWAWKI scenarios in this Forum since Methusala was in diapers. Have you taken any of it to heart, and put it into an action plan? Will it really give you a better than 50/50 chance of surviving the following:

WAR - CIVIL, INTERNATIONAL, OR BOTH?
    FAMINE?
    DISEASE OR PLAGUE?
    GUBMINT TYRANNY, LOCAL OR FEDERAL?
    FOREIGN INVASION?
    ECONOMIC COLLAPSE AND/OR BANKING SYSTEM SHUTDOWN?
    NEIGHBORHOOD SNITCHES?
    ROVING GANGS OR CRIMINAL ATTACKS?
    TOTAL POWER GRID FAILURE?
    TOTAL FAILURE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES, LOCAL OR FEDERAL?
    MARTIAL LAW?
    U.N. TROOP ROUNDUP OF CIVILIANS SLATED FOR FEMA CAMP INTERNMENT?
    DEATH OF FAMILY MEMBERS?

While that is not an exhaustive list of all possible "OH, S**T" scenarios, it should be inclusive enough to get you thinking in the right direction.

If you have spent much time on planning and acting like a "forward thinking survivor" you will probably find that most of these scenarios can be covered by the same preparations.

Hopefully, as a G&G Member, you have learned some helpful stuff in this Forum, and are ready.

How did you do on that list?

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I've done what I can to prepare for any eventuality. Most preps cover a variety of situations. Water, food, weapons, comms, non-grid charging for those comms. A good strong concrete house with steel roof. Clear fields of fire on all sides of the house.
    If the SJW/BLMmer/antifa trash come this far outside town, they'll regret trying crap with me. If the economy goes in the crapper, I'll deal with it as I can. A limited income and health issues restrict getting fancy with my preps. But I am like my late Dad, a tough stubborn old coot with no tolerance for BS.

AK Hunter, mdj696, rando and 6 others like this.

3. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf G&G Evangelist

Phoenix
    Pretty fair. I am limited in what I can do, because I'm not the property owner here.
    I'm just the old grandpa who is allowed to live here, as long as I don't make waves.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to be here, but my main function is doing my best to get the grandkids and great grandkids through this, if I can. I'm expendable, and totally OK with that idea!

BigEd63, Ten Man, Junction15 and 2 others like this.
  4. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Short answer--yes.

Longer answer--I'm somewhere good with everything I need but depending on scenario would perhaps like to get to somewhere BETTER if it's a long term situation. Have a means and plan (and considerable experience executing it while stuff was supposedly shut down) but there are variables.

rando, Ten Man, Junction15 and 3 others like this.
  5. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    I'm old. I don't have that much to lose.
    I'll treat the "zombies" like an Amish man keeps the sparrows out of the Martin house.

And I quote, "Shoot 'em."

6. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

We will survive this awful political storm. I hope our Democracy can.:usa2:

7. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ankeny, IA
    According to some, the radical leftists will pour out into the suburbs and do their rioting and mayhem. That means none of us are safe if unprepared. I have enough weapons and enough ammo to keep them at bay for a while. It will depend on how well they are armed and how well trained they are to use their weapons.

neophyte, TXplt, rando and 2 others like this.
  8. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Assuming you prevail the "zombie" onslaught, then what?

animalspooker, neophyte and Jack Ryan like this.
  9. Big Dog

My main problem, IF the Horde attacks, I can fight them off for awhile. But I have to sleep sometime..... :oops:

10. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I have no idea if it will flow my way. I am in the county but not far from the city mile wise. I think many members on here are in the same situation as me. I cant just pack and leave here. I have responsibilities and ties here. I still have a mortgage. Sure if crap gets so bad that I have to bail out then I will. People have to remember that all of us are not fortunate enough to simply buy a secluded piece of land or a farm far away from nonsense and cities. I am prepared for awhile where I am at. Thing is we dont know what, when or how this all is going to pan out. I will take it day by day and do what I have to to survive. Like I say if I have to then I will do what Ii have to to drive out of here. Probably to Tennessee if I can make it. If I dont at least I tried.

11. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

You are welcome at my place!

46camper, neophyte, blaster and 4 others like this.
  12. ka5siw

ka5siw G&G Evangelist

WOW, talk about a first class mess. All the farmers around me are already carrying guns. We are 100 miles from a major city, figure this mess would hit there first. Maybe a month or two before people would venture this far out of the city looking for food, ammo, stuff they can steal. Two big problems, if the power goes out or the trucks stop THINGS WILL GET REAL BAD REAL FAST.
    30 years ago I read Mel Tappin's books and have fashioned my life that way. I can buy goats and sheep on the hoof and butcher them myself. Now I am retired, I can go hunting every day for food in season. Still, I might make a big haul at the grocery store this coming Thursday, just for a clear consensus and a warm fuzzy feeling. KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY! MIGHT BE SHTF!

neophyte, Huey Rider and TXplt like this.
  13. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Mine too if you get up in the PA area ! (Ten Man beat me to it--although if it's a winter deal I think TN would probably be more attractive; there's alot of snow clearing to be done and if we wind up at the cabin it's fairly primitive--summer's a better time lol).

Although if things would get REALLY bad I think it's more likely whatever ground a person is on is simply by right of possession at the time. To think that there will be any private property rights if SHTF is a bit of a fallacy and it'll be whoever can (or wants to) hold whatever ground.

In fact, if websites are still working in a bad situation this can form some type of alliance for like minded people and communication node between trusted people.

Do I think it's going there ?

Not really. At least not yet. I see rabble rousers out in force but these folks are small compared to the amount of American citizens who won't tolerate violence and destruction. Leftists in major cities have been indoctrinated for years that they have to be disarmed and accept this.

Most of us believe otherwise.

So no need to fear or worry....and you can derive solace at this point that we're all as well equipped and trained for anything that comes down the pike that we'll be fine. I WOULD be somewhere you want to be while this thing plays out consistent with the situation (and if that's stuck on the fringes of a city to stay with loved ones that's the way it's gotta be; you don't always get to choose your ground but sometimes you do).

If Trump wins (or the election is in dispute) there will be pockets of bad areas but the 'everything else' will remain clear. The TX governor is doing this right; he's mobilizing the NG toward potential hot spots. I'm sure the other various alphabet soup stuff and LE is doing the same state wide. To preempt violence and carnage which has been the bastion of liberal controlled cities and their surrounding areas. This will flex to volunteers and posse if need be but honestly I don't think we'll get there around here. Now I WOULD be concerned with disruptions of supplies (meaning food and fuel).

We're fortunate in that these BGs (although training to disrupt) don't have the training and backbone--or moral compass and determination--of most vets (and others who will oppose them). They've done little to actually build stuff in life and have spent most of it tearing things down and whining--all while someone ELSE is footing their bill to provide for them. So when they find out that a tossed firebomb is met with bullets coming in the OTHER direction, I think you'll see them tend to scatter (i.e. I REALLY doubt any homeowner will face a multiple axis coordinated attack for any length of time). Proper targeting of threats (consistent with ROE--your state's deadly force laws) will be key for homeowners to stay out of trouble in the aftermath. But it won't take many rioters put down to put an end to the shenanigans locally. It'd be WAYYYYYY better not to get there--NG and local LE taking a draconian approach to violence--but not all cities support this. I kinda see them as sort of like the various militias of old; big talking but when the shooting starts running. Now that might not ALWAYS be the case, but I think given the level of training and experience of most dedicated American homeowners the BLM/ANTIFA violence crowd has no idea the hornets nest they'd poke. At least in the more conservative areas.

Training to a night moving target chaotic scenario with your equipment though I think would be very valuable. And having SOME type of (flexible) defense plan along with comms with neighbors (if you have neighbors).

The other thing to remember is that none of these things usually turn out how you envision them. So have a plan, be flexible, be prepared, enjoy life, and be ready to ride things out and rumble if necessary.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    mdj696, neophyte, blaster and 3 others like this.
  14. Big Dog

Between my health problems, and the fact my property is my old family home since 1964, I will defend it to the last. I have the largest property (three acres) in the neighborhood. Stout house, defendable. They'll have to literally blast me out. I'll take a lot of heathen BLMmer/auntypanty scum with me when I go. :usa: :mad:
    If they leave me alone, I'm a very peaceable guy. But I will meet violence with violence, tenfold.
    I really hope the natives don't get uppity.

neophyte, TXplt, Ten Man and 3 others like this.
  15. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    What makes people think if it is bad where they are, it will be better some where else? You've had your whole life to make where you are right now as good as you can. No one is even trying to kill you, rob you or attack. And they think when starving hordes are wandering aimlessly trying to do just exactly those three things they are now going to leave what SHOULD be the most defensible position they have ever been in in their entire life with what they can carry and go... where? For what?

I think it was in a book about Carlos Hathcock, he was talking about an Army motto, advice, or something to the affect, "Constantly improve your position, because your enemy is. If he isn't improving his own, he is probing YOURS for weakness." If you are day dreaming of your Zombie adventure through the country side as a means of defense in an apocalypse, you just aren't doing anything.

EVERYONE in Indianapolis thinks right now they will runaway to... the wilderness of southern Indiana to roast deer on a spit and live like Robin Hood of Hoosier National Forest. Well guess what, it is kind of occupied and I guarantee I'll not be outwitted in my own back yard. People who have made their bed in Indianapolis should plan to sleep in it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    FortyXDM, ka5siw and Huey Rider like this.
  16. Vintage Racer

Vintage Racer G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Trump will win.

I am not worried about my family as I can take care of them. I live in the middle of the deep south. We still go to church on Sunday.

If the worst may happen, I will survive and prosper. I am sure of it.

BudW, Gun Junkie, Huey Rider and 4 others like this.
  17. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly G&G Evangelist

I don't think people in the rural area's have much to worry about when it comes to rioter's or looter's but that all depends if the power stays on.
    If the power grid's go down, then all bets are off. People will go crazy in a very short time.

I'm prepared for almost anything, but many people aren't.

rando, neophyte, Ten Man and 2 others like this.
  18. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Will do what it takes day by day. I have preped some. for multiple situations. I have survived on next to nothing before and I am still breathing.
    Have ammo, meds, food, guns, and senarios worked out. I can hunt, fish and forage. Have skills and can barter.

Done worrying about it. I am at peace with my maker and will follow his direction. I am not afraid to die.ni
    I am ready to leave this world.. Not afraid to take a stand but not stupid enough with my health to go looking for trouble.

rando, mdj696, Txhillbilly and 4 others like this.
  19. Vintage Racer

Vintage Racer G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I have a generator with 20 gallons of gas. I am good.
    1) Guns and ammo
    2) Weekly trips to the range
    3) Food and water rations
    4) Emergency power in a place with underground utilities

Gen. Willy Sherman burned Atlanta down one time, and it will never happen again. It was called the War of Northern Aggression.

20. 46camper

46camper G&G Evangelist

US
    I need comms. I need money pre pandemic I lived from paycheck to paycheck . I’m prepared to can all meat harvested this year. I’m even buying cheese and waxing it so it will last longer without refrigeration. Weapons I’m good (never really have all that I want) ammo never have enough.
    We have back up heat and power .
    All I can do is keep prepping pre election and as much as possible after election.
    My income isn’t what it should be . My boss and I are working on that. If Civil war breaks out I and my family have a plan .
    Also we all have place to go . I figure my wife will stay with with her adult sons and her family . The two families shareing the same land and area would end up in a mini civil war on its own.
    So to sum it all up . No I’m not ready other then knowledge , skill and a plan . Also some quality equipment .
    I have only been prepping a couple years. I spent quite a few years learning as much as possible on prepping . You know what medical gear , knives , and speciality equipment such as solar and battery banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rando, TXplt and Ten Man like this.