Do you really think you want a new Weatherby Vanguard?

Discussion in 'General Rifle' started by d_p_holland, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Please see my video and think again. Japanese craftsmanship might not be what you thought it was.

jwrauch and Ron The Legend like this.
  2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly G&G Evangelist

I'm sorry D.P.,but you really come off as an idiot!
    Weatherby hasn't been based in California since March 2019,so they have to change the stamping on their products to be legal with the BATFE.
    They also probably changed the locations of the other stamping's on the action and barrel at that time.
    You also purchased an Entry level firearm. They will not be anywhere close to being a pristine machined & finished firearm as a top of the line product from Weatherby. The rifle that you bought is just a re-badged Howa 1500,nothing more.

You can thank the shipping company for the damaged box,the dock worker's and driver's don't care about your stuff,and never will.

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper G&G Evangelist

Michigan
    A friend of mine just bought a used Vanguard last spring. It is a 243 he had ported for coyote hunting a beautiful fire arm in my books and it a great accrite shooter to.

I have shot it several times backk then and it has not muzzle jump at all. You can see the slug hit the target once you train your self to over look the blast.

Open a box and find some thing like that and it gets returned. Guess is why we deall local to start with.

Al

4. All makers have issues in some form or another...I saw a Remington 700 chambered in .243 that wouldn't chamber a .243Win round....send it back.. A Walther .22LR Target Pistol that only shot at the heaviest trigger weight setting...send it back..Colt Officers ACP brass bouncing off the shooters forehead....brought it in for adjustment..As stated earlier the Weatherby Vanguard is a re-badged Howa 1500 and no disrespect to the Howa line. They make a great affordable product and properly set up they will shoot with the best of them...It is unfortunate that you received that rifle in that condition....you sent it back...In my opinion if you find a good local Gun Store, this issue would never have happened...yes, you might pay a bit more but your peace of mind will be much better.

Ron The Legend and animalspooker like this.
  5. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

And you’re not sticking the FFL in the place of sending your gun back for you.

6. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

I've sold a thousand Vanguards and have not had a single complaint about condition, function or price point. All of my customers have been immensely happy with theirs.

7. austinjoe13

Their expectations probably didn’t exceed the price point, though :D

8. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly G&G Evangelist

I wasn't adding anything negative towards the rifle. They seem to be a solid product that shoots very good.
    My rant was about the OP. I've read several of his post on a few forum's. It seems he expects Rolls Royce quality for all the entry level firearm's he buys. He critiques every little thing about them,and it really shows his lack of knowledge about firearms.

Low priced firearms are tools,they are meant to be used as tools. If you're wanting a pristine highly crafted firearm,be prepared to spend a lot of money.

9. animalspooker

I completely understand Txhillbilly. In no way was my comment regarding anything you said. Just defending the honor of the Vanguard rifle line.

Txhillbilly and austinjoe13 like this.
  10. animalspooker

Not likely AJ. You generally get more than you deserve in regards to the money spent!

austinjoe13 likes this.
  11. austinjoe13

I got that backwards. Expectations probably exceeded the pricepoint.

jwrauch, Gun Junkie and animalspooker like this.
  12. animalspooker

^^^ Well AJ...I'm even more confused now, but I think I know what you're trying to say...or what you are saying...I'm not sure?!?!?

austinjoe13 likes this.
  13. austinjoe13

I have that effect on people :D

FortyXDM and animalspooker like this.