Do you still get excited??

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Im all set to go to the range tommorw morning 0900 (am) plan is for wife, daughters, wifes friend and her son....With my hours and the outdoor ranges hours clashing I try to go once a week that thends to be every other week at best most of the time. In any case the night before I get that night before xmass type excitement....you know make sure guns are cleaned and oiled..ammo packed targets and accessories checked and rechecked...hard to get to sleep....midnight run to Wal-mart for that new scope I ment to pick up... Ive been shooting since I was 12 so not a new thing... but I still get excited every time. Tommorw Im trying out a Turkish mauser I just got a few weeks ago and a 4x32 scope on the Hi-Point carbine. I also love takeing a new shooter along. My wifes friend is a single mom and her son never shoot a gun before (he's 16) so I went about getting ammo for everything but the BB gun...

Ok is it just me are do you still get excited about going shooting?
    :cool:

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

good for you doglips what a great way to get more people on our side. hope you all have a great day at the range!!!!!!:)

3. Gyrene

Gyrene G&G Newbie

CA
    Doglips - Yeah, sometimes I really look forward to going, not quite like Xmas, of course I go to the range at least 4 times a week, sometimes 5 times.

I don't always shoot, sometimes I just enjoy working to help keep it safe for everybody, then other times I go with the absolute intent to shoot, and really have a good time.

Last week this young couple ran out of .308 and the range didn't have any to sell, so I went to my car and got a box of 20 new never fired, and gave to them, cause they didn't have time to drive to Wally World and get back in time to shoot.

I would have just shot the .308 myself and taken home empty cases to reload anyhow, which is what I did, take the empty cases home to reload. I want to know what is going on in the chamber, and with new, ya can't always be sure, except that is usually safe.

They were happy, and I felt good (I'M SELFISH, LIKE THAT, YA KNOW!!!).

4. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

Dogli ps: It's as much fun preparing for the trip as it is going on the trip, But Different! When you loose that loving feeling, then you might as well get you some Racing Pigeons, or Sumphen.

5. Lanny

Lanny G&G Newbie

Saturday night the wife's Camry gets parked outside because my 4wd Toyota goes in the garage and is packed with ammo, spotting scope, shooting rest, shooting box, and cold weather clothing. I usually have two long guns resting in the camper shell's metal gun rack, a couple more in cases in the bed, and sometimes a couple handguns to boot. I'm usually on the road by 0730 and hook up with buddies for a day's worth of shooting. Last Sunday, three of us spent four hours in the cold and wind popping silhouette targets. Got sick and missed a day of work, but can't wait to get back out there.