do you think this would be a good trade?

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by Link23, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

i have a M91 (tula with the emperial seal still intact) if you want more info look on page 2 for "Can you help me ID my new gun" a guy wants to trade me a mint condition K-31 in the walnut stock.. what do you think

2. You do realize that asking that here, Gannie is going to scream blasphamer at you right?

3. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

thats fine, i dont really like it anyways

4. FS00008

FS00008 Сергей Иванович Мосин. Forum Contributor

I wouldn't.

K31s are awesome, but they're a headache too.

5. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

i just want to get rid of it, what do you think would be a good trade?

6. FS00008

Why don't you want it?

7. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

the market value of a K 31 is a lot more than any mosin. except maybe a pristine original sniper.

8. FS00008

Blaster, if it's a true M91 they're probably about the same.

91/30, yes. I see K31s going for about $200-$250 locally.

9. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

its a true 1903 M91 with a D marked barrel from the tula factory SA stamped with Artic birch splice

10. Are you trading even up or what if you decide to???

11. jmeck

jmeck Scope mount mfgr. Forum Contributor

NC
    You need to figure out a way to keep the M91 and buy the K31. K31's are awsom and require very little attention to get them to be very accurate.
    Just buy a box of GP11 ammo and your good to go. No sticky bolts, creeping heavy pull triggers, corking the barrel, buying a bent bolt to mount a scope, ect,ect. So whats the down side? Not enough models and variations. You buy a walnut and beech stocked rifle and your done, any more than 2 of each is kinda redundant.:jester: They really are great rifles, just not as fun to collect as Mosins.

12. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

ive got 7 mosins i think thats enough for me but i dont have a K-31 remember the pictures i posted of that man who had a barnful of guns? thats who im trading for so i can get ANYTHING there that is around the same price

13. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

If anything, you might be getting the better end of the trade there. That 1903 Tula you have is a good looking rifle. Do you have any other specs on the K31? Year of manufacture? Does it have a troop tag? Is the stock "beaver chewed"? All parts matching? Import stamp? Walnut stock is nice. Ammo for the K31s is pretty pricey, probably $.50 a round anyways for the GP11. K31s are extremely well built rifles, and notoriously known for being some of the most accurate milsurp rifles out there. IMO, they are the finest milsurp rifles out there on the market today. If you don't like or want the Mosin, I can't see how you'd be disappointed with a K31. They are excellent rifles.

14. go ahead and make the trade. you don't seem to care about the m91 anyway. you wont be disapointed in the k-31. unless you get a lemon anyways. they're a really sweet gun after shooting mosins.

15. what headache? never had any with mine.

16. FS00008

Jon, I tried a few times, never could find one that shot as well as your brothers. They kinda soured me on K31s. If I could find one that nice, I'd probably go for it. But all of the ones I've messed with except for your bros that one time, were crap.

17. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

The wages of sin are death.
    Trading a Mosin is a sin.
    You do the math!:)
    By the way, I just traded one of my Mosins for a Steyr Bulgarian 1903 contract M95........:wall:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  18. Read your "help me id" post. Ok, you have $125 into a rifle you don't want and the opportunity to trade it for a rifle worth about twice that. Don't know how your Mosin shoots but the K31 should be more accurate. Only drawback is the much higher price of 7.5 ammo. If you really want a K31, go for it!

19. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Ahhh, but The Swiss doesn't cost any more to reload than a Mosin.

20. No Man

No Man G&G Addict

The GP11 ammo is worth every penny of what it goes for.