close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you vote ? are you a member of the NRA ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, May 28, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

If not why not ?....some people tell me they won't join because they are worried about the NRA members being the first to be confronted into surrendering their weapons when firearms are banned from private ownership.
    :fuss: enough people believe this to be the case in the not so distant future :rolleyes: If you don't vote you're making it easier for Them...:mad: If you are not a member of the NRA you are making it easier for society to outlaw your guns...:mad: I don't care what kind you have :nod: your single shot .22 will be illegal if you let them win by giving up.:nod: someone said that 40 million Americans own guns...only 3 million are members of the NRA :mad:

2. RST

RST G&G Newbie

Texas
    yes and yes!

3. LIFE MEMBER FOR 50 YEARS
    DANA

4. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Yes I vote. I vote in every election and I make sure I don't vote for any democrats! I am not a member of the NRA but for reasons other than mentioned above.

5. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Yes and Yes as well. As for
    "some people tell me they won't join because they are worried about the NRA members being the first to be confronted into surrendering their weapons when firearms are banned from private ownership."
    Welp I figure they (the Goverment) know I own guns...I use my Debit card..On Mailing List.. Read/Post on this board...and have an FFL 03 (C&R).... Stevey Wounder could see I must own firearms :) Will they come for them...probly will sooner or later if we let our guard down....so why hide in a closet afraid to do anything least they find my.

Also I have a goal of haveing so many firearms that they have to rent a big U-haul to take my toys away. :nod: :D

Last edited: May 28, 2002
  6. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

THE ONLY ORGANIZATION THAT CAN TRULY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IS THE NRA. THE REST SHOULD BE COMMENDED BUT DON'T HAVE THE CLOUT! I SEND A FEW BUCKS TO THE LOWER ORGANIZATIONS BUT THE NRA GETS THE MOST. P.S. THERE ARE 4.5 MILLION MEMBERS NOW AND THERE IS A DRIVE FOR 5 GOING ON , PLEASE JOIN AND HELP GET THAT 5 MILLION MARK!

Last edited: May 28, 2002
  8. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I'm only in NRA because it's the most recognized, has the widest variety of programs, and offers literature and member benefits (ie insurance). Also sugests that I'm a responsible gun owner.
    But I don't think they're serious enough in educating people about the issues behind things like assault weapon bans, and I think they're too prone to compromise.

The best organization I've seen is JPFO. Not a member, but definitely a supporter.

9. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I'm with Gun Owners of America,I have issues with NRA on compromising too much. However,they do have some good programs. JPFO is another great org.

10. GoGop

GoGop G&G Newbie

Yes and yes. My wife is also a life member, and we both have the 11 1/2" X 14" stickers on our trucks.

11. A Challenge

Howdy NRAJoe,

I have issued this challenge before, but I would like to see every NRA member sign up at least two gun owning friends. They must be legal owners of their guns as perscribed by law, but not members of the NRA. Give their membership as a gift. I have two friends now I give memberships to as a gift. There is one other that after two years he has re upped himself.

Come on guys, you know your friends, you know who will not go nuts if you give them this gift.

12. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Yes - Yes and I protest taxes too

13. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

SNIPER(M1) GOOD MAN!, I DID THIS LAST YEAR FOR 3 FRIENDS MYSELF ON THE STIPULATION THAT THEY WOULD REJOIN ON THEIR OWN WHICH THEY DID. I ALSO SIGN MY WIFE UP EVERY YEAR EVEN THOUGH SHES NOT A FANATIC LIKE MYSELF.

14. johno

johno G&G Newbie

15. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

yes, and yes. and i only vote for pro-gun candidates, with a proven record, the NRA has a good report card system about politicians and the way they vote for or against us. unfortunatly states like NJ has NO progun politicians at any level, one reason i'm glad i'm out of there!!!!

16. YES X 2. It is every Americans privalage to vote, and also I think it is every Americans duty to vote. Also if every law abiding American gun owner would join the N.R.A., then we would never have the likes of a Clinton, or a Gore standing for election to the presidents office. Its unfortunant that we who are members of theN.R.A. have to prop up everybody elses right to bear arms. It goes to the old saying that 10% of the people do 90% of the work. I"ve heard all those excuses, and all that is is just people to lazy to fight the fight!

17. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Whenever an anti-gun editorial writer whines about the NRA, what they always seem to forget is that the NRA is nothing without its members... politically active, patriotic Americans who keep a sharp eye on what their elected officials are doing, and vote accordingly. So, it's not "their fear of the National Rifle Association" as much as it is "their fear of the 4 million+ voters who ARE the National Rifle Association."

It is safe to assume that the President will lose many more votes than he will gain by signing the ban renewal into law. This is perhaps what the anti-gun lobby is always so angry about. Many supporters of the Second Amendment vote primarily based on that issue, which is something the anti-gun crowd has not yet been able to achieve.

from
    http://www.awbansunset.com/

18. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Yes & Yes. matter of fact, got my info for candidates for tomorrows primaries from the NRA.

19. yes on both accounts & I usually give an NRA membership to someone everyyear for Christmas.