Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has a SKS with a synthetic stock? I would just like to see what it would look like?

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I had a folding on mine. It was sorta ok. I like my Tapco telescoping more though :burnout:
What I didn't like about the folding is that it was slightly too long to be comfortable with my arm length. Right now that stock is on my Dad's.

My SKS when it had the folding stock on it.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Personally, I don't really like the folding stock. The main reason is that the muzzle rises more because of the way the stock slopes downward.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I was thinking about a Mosin myself a bit back because I needed a hunting rifle, but then one of my friend's Dad had a Remington 742 he wanted to get rid of and I got that instead. I might grab a Mosin later though...be really cool to have.

·
Registered
234 Posts
most of the stuff on classic arms isn't too bad but that silver spray painted underfold ak is the ugliest thing I have ever seen, I used to work at a jewelry store as a goldsmith and did electroplating and if anything ever came out that bad I would toss it and start over..:throwup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have a folding stock, but I do have one with a Tapco T6 adjustable. I really prefer the adjustable, simply because it can conform to different shooter's needs.

Shown here with some of its family members. Second from the left.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,619 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
One of my SK's came with the side folding stock. It was not as steady as the wood stock so I removed it.

I bought some Polish Laminated honor guard stocks and put one on. It has the same lines as the military stock but is overall quite unique. It has layers of light and dark wood. The SK is a heck of weapon, inexpensive, low recoil, reasonably accurate and cheap to shoot. I think ammo can be up to 20 cents a round these days.

For accurate shooting I would pass on the side folders and look for something else.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts