Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a .22LR Ruger Mark I, s/n 251XXX. It's at the gun shop waiting for the county judge to get around to issuing the coupon I need to have it added to my permit so I can pick it up; there is always a delay on that. (I just love the kukai moa we have to go through to add a pistol onto our permits here.) It comes with one magazine, but I'd like to pick up a couple or three more.

Does anyone know of a good source for Mark I magazines?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Contact Ruger themselves. They had them when I inquired about 2 months ago--forgot the cost though. When buying them, be sure you mention its a Mark I, or (standard model). Later versions won't fit. I got 2 at a local gunshow for $15 apiece.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MK I magazines

They are the same body but the follower button is on the oposite side and the follower spring on the MK II is coil rather than rectangular. Push the follower down on a MK II/ MK III mag untill the button can be removed and place it on the other side for the MK I. I like the MK II mags because they hold 10 rounds rather than 9.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,216 Posts
Ah...good to know...I have a MKI made in 1970....I wondered if the MKII mags worked...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts