Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a good .22 revolver to practice with. But I don't want to spend a whole lot of money. Does anyone have any experance with the Taurus model 94 or the Taurus Tracker .22?

·
Registered
149 Posts
i dont know the exact model, but my dad has a newer taurus 9 shot .22.

the only gripe i have is that the rear sight seems to be a bit on the wide side

·
Registered
35 Posts
All I know about the 94 is here in Washington I've called 5 or 6 stores and nobody has one! Is that good or bad? I like the looks and 15 yrs ago I had a 357 Taurus that I shot very frequently with both 38sp and 357mag loads and I never had 1 prob. The day I got rid of it it looked the same as it did the day I bought it. But because I can't find 1 here , I've been looking at the Ruger single six. I don't know if your'e familiar with these but they are a single action revolver and they come with an extra cylinder that allows it to shoot 22mags also. Two guns in 1! I like the way they point and feel. Sportsmans Warehouse here in Wa. sells 'em for $299 and Cabellas $329 in store and an independant small gun shop for a hair more at $340. Everyone I've talked to loves 'em, and i've never read a bad review about 'em either.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, I might just get the Ruger. I posted this on the Taurus Forum about a week ago and so far no one has answered. I have herd good things about the Taurus Revolvers. But if no one on the Taurus Fourm owns one or has even shot one that might be why we don't see them at the gun stores, I guess no one is buying them. hmmmm........makes me wonder.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love my Taurus revolvers
[/IMG]

Thats a nice group of revolvers you have there. Is that a Tracker 22? If not, do you have any experience with the Taurus .22 revolvers?

·
Registered
24 Posts
1-17C 17hmr accurate but brass sticks after firing sometimes
2-Tracker 22lr not my most accurate but love this gun anyway
3-669 357mag my favorite accurate and shines real nice after a polish
4-raging bull 44mag love it but the magnums make my elbow hurt after about 24 rounds 44spls are nice to shoot though

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That Tracker .22 is very nice.....it might be the my next gun.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a Taurus 94 Ultra-Lite 9. It's the 9 shot, 2" snubby with very nice adjustable sights. I absolutely love this gun. It is accurate and very fun to shoot. This gun is the epitome of a must have .22 revolver. I can't ever imagine selling this gun...I will own it and shoot it until the day I die.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

I recommend this gun to everyone.

Taurus revlovers are great guns. I also own a 44 Mag Tracker. And I had a short-barreled 608, but I sold that only because I didn't like the mirror polished stainless finish and it was DAO...I just don't like a DAO revolver or the mirror finish. But that 608 was an excellent shooter. I really like the matte stainless finish Taurus is going with now. And I just bought another Taurus (making it my 4th Taurus purchase), the 851 Ultra-Lite in .38 Special. Taurus make great revolvers and I buy them, shoot them, and recommend them.

I own Rugers, and I've shot S&W's, and I own Taurus. There is no question in my mind that you can't go wrong with any of those big 3. Buy the gun you like and don't worry about the brand name...

Just my opinion...

ClayMan

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a Taurus 94 Ultra-Lite 9. This is the lightweight snubby 2" version. This is a must have gun. Accurate and reliable with excellent quality. I highly recommend this gun to anyone.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've got a Taurus 94.

First time I went to shoot it, the hammer was hitting part of the frame causing it to miss the pin. I had the store I bought it from send it to Taurus and they fixed it no charge to me and was back in my hands inside of two weeks.

Since then I haven't had any problems with it. Its as accurate as you'd expect but is still a fun plinker to take in the woods or camping. Its got a pretty good (heavy) trigger pull which some might say makes it a good training pistol.

Had it about 8 years and was the first revolver I ever bought. That being said I'll never part with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have got a model 94 ultralite stainless for $290 + s/h

I bought this gun for my wife to practice with until she got used to firing the 38 version. It is a great gun that has fired about 200 rounds. Total would be $310.00 delivered to your local FFL. If you are interested, let me know and I will get it sent to you. Thanks: Jeff

I'm thinking about getting a good .22 revolver to practice with. But I don't want to spend a whole lot of money. Does anyone have any experance with the Taurus model 94 or the Taurus Tracker .22?

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Easier to work on a S&W clone (Taurus) than it is to try & get a Ruger revolver working right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What a nice picture!!!!

Shooting Rugers & Taurus is a passion to me. I was born and raised in Brazil. Needless to say I know these guns. They are awesome. Fun to shoot and very well made.
Someone said "shooting a DAO is a form of art". I agree 100%.
Sometimes people don't want to pay the price and discipline until get full control over the gun.
When I was in Brazil I had a Taurus 85-.38-2", Rossi .22 cal. 2", a Beretta .25 cal. and a PT-Taurus 1911 9mm.
Here in USA I own a PT-24/7 9mm, a Ruger LCP 2nd generation, a Taurus 94 .22 cal. 4"and a Marlin rifle semi-auto .22 cal.
Don't give up on the 2nd amendment.
God Bless America!

I love my Taurus revolvers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought this gun for my wife to practice with until she got used to firing the 38 version. It is a great gun that has fired about 200 rounds. Total would be $310.00 delivered to your local FFL. If you are interested, let me know and I will get it sent to you. Thanks: Jeff
hi jeff, i live in canada and i wish for this model and im wondering if you would know if it can be modified to have a 4-6" barrel. i wish to buy a revolver but it has to be a .22 im 12 years old and was shooting RCMP standard 9mm and .357... i wish to own a pistol, and my dad says im only aloud a .22, and i want a revolver, any help?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts