Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saigas are just AK-100s with a NON-military configuration. Do we want them separate from AK-47s in the military arms section?

Does this belong under the Manufacturer's section?

· Registered
MSR Shooter and Builder, Precision Bolt Action Rim & Center Fire enthusiast. Glock & 1911 pistoleer
8,597 Posts
I think if enough people want to discuss them in their standard imported configuration maybe a Siaga section in the MFG. area might work?

But on the flip side many people buy them to convert back also.

· Registered
7,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I don't know many other makers of AK's that do them in 12 gauge, .410, .223, and .308.
Norinco .223

Norinco MAK90 .223 AK-47 Rifles (and copies) > Full Stock for sale, gun classifieds or gun auction from Investment Firearms. Buy or bid on this Norinco MAK90 .223 in the category AK-47 Rifles (and copies) > Full Stock on GunsAmerica.

Mitchell Yugo .308

Mitchell Arms RPK .308 AK 47 - The AK Files Forums

Various VEPR MOLOTs in .223, .308, x54r, etc

MOLOT USA Firearms, Ltd.

importing VEPR-12 later this year

New "Molot" products bound for the US Vepr-12 Tactical Shotgun

Just for examples. There are others.

.410 and 20 gauge seem to be Saiga exclusive.

Fact remains, Saiga is a brand of AK, which are non-military styled fire arms. i don't want Saiga separated from Aks. I think we need to stick together, but at very least Saiga doesn't belong in the military section alongside AKs; they ARE AKs. It belongs in the Manufactures section, and should be labeled Sagia/Izmash.

· Registered
855 Posts
Fact remains, Saiga is a brand of AK, which are non-military styled fire arms. i don't want Saiga separated from Aks. I think we need to stick together, but at very least Saiga doesn't belong in the military section alongside AKs; they ARE AKs. It belongs in the Manufactures section, and should be labeled Sagia/Izmash.
Agreed. Colt is in the manufacturer's section, not the military firearms section and Saigas should be the same way.

· Registered
118 Posts
I tried getting Chris to start an Izhmash thread in the manufactures page, but I got allot of slack from some other people on here. This is what he came up with. It's better than nothing. Go over to the ak forum , I started a thread about not being a saiga/ Izhmash thread. Some people think they are just another ak, like every other ak out there. Some say Izhmash/ saiga only make ak type weapons.But Bushmaster,Armalite,DPMS are mainly manufatures of AR style rifles and they have their own man. page? Bennelli only makes shotguns and they have theirs too. I'm still an ak guy too, but if I just want to talk to another saiga guy about something only he would get. I'm just sayin......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.