close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does Walmart still sale Rifles and Shotguns?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by White Rook, Jun 12, 2008.

1. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

I have read on these threads people talking about buying guns at Walmart. Here in the Cincinnati area none of the local Walmart stores sells any type of firearms beside BB guns,paintball guns or soft air guns. I have bought several rifles and shotguns in the past from Walmart. I was wondering if they still do sell rifles and shotguns in other parts of the country.

2. LeftHandShooter

LeftHandShooter G&G Evangelist

One closer to me does not. Another one 10 miles away does have some on hand and will order from a large catalogue if needed.
    Depends on the store/area I guess.

3. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Most of the guns they do sell are seconds, so I don't shop there, anyway! For guns, that is!

4. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

the walmart here by the house don't sell tham anymore but if i drive a few miles south into houma the two walmarts there in the (city limits)sells any gun you want other than our famouse black guns that is. the funny thing is the one by my house is a out in the country walmart but it don't sell guns and the two in the city do sell them????

5. BaserRonin

BaserRonin G&G Evangelist

Same for me. The one closest will even tell me that NO walmarts, nationwide, sell rifles anymore. Blatently false as the one on the north side of town has a nice selection.

Edit: while they have a nice selection, they do not seem to run any sales so I get better deals elsewhere.

6. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i think it's all up to the manager of the store . because the store that sells them is around gang areas.they even took the bandanas out of the clothing department and put them on racks next to the guns reds/blus/greens . they even do that with the sights they seperate the green and red ones. when they sell a gun you get a bandana of you choice of colors. they even removed the mossy oak camo clothes and replaced them with two isles of hanes tee shirts in diferent solid colors.:werd::) lmao i am just jokin you know.

7. BaserRonin

BaserRonin G&G Evangelist

jeez! That manager is a born salesman. Knowing your clientel is key to staying in business!

8. musicmaniac

musicmaniac G&G Enthusiast

Haha! you had me goin' there Tommy! LOL!

9. HARDERTR

HARDERTR G&G Newbie

And WHERE did you get this information from??

10. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

The WalMart in my city sells Long Guns and lots of them. Though I've looked at many of there firearms closely I can't tell that they sell second's.
    I have heard this before at Gun and Game and would like to know myself.

11. dhermesc

dhermesc G&G Newbie

The one in Manhattan Ks still sells them, the one in Emporia Ks nolonger carries firearms of any kind.

As for Wal-Mart selling "seconds" I'm curious as to what backs that belief. What I've found is that they carry only specific models and generally have the best price bar none, but if you want something besides what they normally carry its either not available or the pricing takes a nose dive.

I just bought a Ruger 10/22 Stainless with the 22" barrel (early father's day gift) and mounted a Tasco World class scope (overkill but a $20 garage sale find) and sighted it in with a buddy who just bought his 10/22 RB rifle from Cabela's, 300 rounds later he had over 15 failure to fires - I had one - the second round. I had $238 in mine (before scope) - he had $290 in his with the cheap store scope. He will also have the joy of figuring out how to get his back to the factory for repairs.

Right now the Mossberg ATR100 rifle is the best buy on the market for a good base line rifle and I don't see anyone carrying but Wal-Mart.

12. HARDERTR

HARDERTR G&G Newbie

Their Savage packages are a GREAT deal for folks looking for a basic hunting set-up. There is a book behind the gun counter for "special ordering", or you can use the link on their website for the special orders. The prices are usually really good.

Walmart.com: Sports & Fitness: Rifles

13. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

When they did sell guns in this area, I purchased several. I bought a Marlin model 60, Mossberg 500 .410 and a Remington 20 ga.870. They also had about the best prices around here. I still have these and they have always shot fine. So I don't know about them selling seconds.

14. troy2000

troy2000 Suspended

They stopped selling guns in California, because they got nailed twice for their employees blatantly ignoring the law concerning background checks and waiting periods.

15. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

All of the Wal Marts in my area are still selling guns, but then again, they seem to sell a lot. I have bought a few from there, but now days most of my gun transactions are through specialized gun shops in the area, mostly the one I work at :D. As for the guns being "seconds" or a lower quality version of a particular rifle, I think that is mostly an urban myth, however, they use that tactic with some of their electronics.

16. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

The one a couple cities over used to...not anymore...just ammo.

17. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

WalMart does not sell seconds.There is no seconds market in firearms.There are package deals and what for lack of words i will call competitive marketing which happens when manufactures have produced beyond consumer demand and put their over production on the wholesale market to be bid on.This is how WalMart buys everything,by purchasing large quanities and gambling that they can sell low and create a demand for their consumer products.The quality of the firearm is exactly the same as a duplicate item at your local gunshop.The difference is he paid more for it because he only purchased individually or in small lots so he has to charge more. sam.

18. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

Wal Mart stores in Maine (at least central Maine) continue to sell Rifles and Shotguns. The one near me actually has a decent selection (Everything from Mossberg 500's / Remington 870's to Remington M700's).

19. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

wal-mart

Wal-Marts policy today.

Ordering in three simple steps:

• Print this page (please be sure to print the Wal-Mart Item #, which is found at the bottom of the Web page)
    • Go to the Sporting Goods Department at your local Wal-Mart store
    • Show the printout to a Sporting Goods associate to have them special order your selected item

Important Notice:
    Firearms and ammunition are only available at Wal-Mart stores licensed to sell firearms. Please call your local store first to make sure they are licensed to sell firearms. You will be able to find your store phone number by clicking the link below and entering your ZIP code. Prices may vary in Alaska and Hawaii.

20. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

The one half an hour away from me in New York does not. They don't even sell ammo. The one half an hour away in Connecticut does; but only air rifles, shotguns and common types of ammo. Being that their prices aren't as good as the local gun shops and their selection of ammo is much worse, I don't know any local shooters that even bother with Wal-Mart for guns, ammo and accessories around here.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted