$Donniedollars$

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Felix's Tattoo, May 27, 2020.

1. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Direct deposit here.

PAPA G likes this.
  2. don5544

don5544 G&G Evangelist

I got the same card on tuesday. I read the fine print and then called the number to activate the card. They tell you how much money is on it. Just about everything you do after the first use cost money.

I took it to the bank and let them run the card and deposited the complete amount into my account. No charges that way.

3. Felix's Tattoo

Felix's Tattoo G&G Evangelist

?

PAPA G likes this.
  4. Felix's Tattoo

thanks for the tip!

Cyrano and PAPA G like this.
  5. Felix's Tattoo

All of this free money is going to be taxable income, I assume.

PAPA G likes this.
  6. maddogg

maddogg G&G Evangelist

It's not taxable.

PAPA G likes this.
  7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

And paid for BY our taxes, for a long time to come. Won't surprise me if taxes go up again to pay off this "free money". o_O

rando, blaster, PAPA G and 1 other person like this.
  8. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I've noticed a pattern. Not sure if it's correct.

People who submit their taxes and get their refunds by direct deposit, get their Donnie Dollars directly deposited into whatever account the refunds go to, and later get a claiming-credit letter from Donnie Boy.

People who submit their taxes and get their refunds by paper check, get their Donnie Dollars as a paper check by mail along with the claiming-credit letter from Donnie Boy.

People who use the 1040EZ or who don't make enough money to file taxes on get the debit card and the claiming-credit letter from Donnie Boy.

The direct-deposit types get paid first because they are the easiest to process. The paper-check types come next because the checks have to be printed (and Donnie Boy insisted his name had to be on the checks -- he wanted his signature but settled for a printed statement the money was authorized by him) and mailed. The low-income people who might not have bank accounts, which is why the debit cards were put in the mix, the ones who need the Donnie Dollars the most, get their stimulus payment last.

It should have been the other way around, or else predicated on a sort by net income and how refunds have been made in the past. But that makes too much sense and actually requires WORK to get the job done.

PAPA G likes this.
  9. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    You are clearly offended. I assume you cut it up in to small pieces and threw it away?

Mike Miedzianowski and PAPA G like this.
  10. Felix's Tattoo

My taxes were paid on my credit card; why couldn’t the bonus bucks be entered on my CC account? A lot less fooling around. The government card should still be on the desk where I tossed it. I’m gone for four months now.

PAPA G likes this.
  11. How lazy can people be there are phone numbers and websites to check balances on ALL debit cards .

PAPA G likes this.