don't forget to winterize

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Tracer, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Tracer

Tracer G&G Aussie Dad

It's still very warm here in arizona so most of us are still boating. We do however have the same crappy gas as everyone else, starts going bad at a couple of weeks and can cause major proplems in 4 stroke outboards in about 4 months.A little stabilizer in those small engines and boat motors etc can save you a bunch later.Don't mean to sound like a commercial but every spring I see alot of unhappy people. they never had to use that stuff before! well the gas nowadays sucks so just save some problems and do it LOL don't forget to drain those exhaust manifolds and engine blocks,camper water tanks etc. ..jeff

2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I am too busy winterizing myself, lol !! Thanks for the reminder.

3. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

I'm looking forward to winterizing my lawn mower but then I always look forward to that.

4. Tigercat200

Tigercat200 G&G Evangelist

The way the rains have been coming and temperatures have been going up and down I may be mowing in January. Man, I'm getting tired of it. A five gallon can of Roundup is looking really good.

5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    It's definitely time to break out the Sta-Bil and add it to the gas can. However, it's not time yet to drain the lawn mower for the winter. It is, however, time for me to start shopping for a small two-stage snowblower. Since my surgery, I doubt I'll be able to do extensive snow-shoveling any more. Murphy's Law being Murphy's Law, I'll spend the money on an Ariens and then we won't get any snow worth mentioning this winter!

6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Time for me to fire up the plow truck, and snow blower!

7. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

thanks for the reminder, its time to change the air in the tires.

let ot the summer air and pump in the winter air.