Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of the DPMS 308's with a 24" barrel? How do you like it.

• Barrel: 24 Inch 416 stainless steel, bull barrel
  • Twist: 6 groove right-handed 1x10 twist, button rifled
  • Chamber: .308 Win
  • Method of Operation: Gas operated rotating bolt
  • Bolt & Carrier: Chrome plated 8620 steel bolt carrier, heat treated and plated per Mil Spec.
  • Phosphated steel bolt, heat treated and plated per Mil Spec.
  • Sights: None (mounting optics only)
  • Weight: Empty - 11.28 lbs
  • Length: 43.6
  • Upper Receiver: Thick walled, extruded from 6066-T6 aluminum
  • Upper Finish: Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon coated black
  • Snag free design, smooth side look
  • Raised Picatinny rail for easy scope mounting
  • Right hand ejection
  • Lower Receiver: Milled from a solid billet of 6061-T6 aluminum
  • Lower Coating: Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon coated black
  • Standard AR15 trigger group
  • Integral trigger guard
  • Aluminum magazine release button
  • Stock: Standard A2 black Zytel mil spec w/trap door assembly
  • Handguards: Ribbed aluminum free float, 2.24 Outside diameter

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am finding them online for about $1000 but I know a guy who is an FFL and he gave me a good quote on my last piece, considerably less than retail. I haven't checked with him yet but just wanted to see if anyone here had one to see if they liked it.

I still need to finish funding the procurement and talk the accountant into it :hail:.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I would like to have a 308 like pictured and would trade my new Ruger Haweye 308 that I havent shot yet and I might even trade a new 30 year old Remton 1100 3'' mag for one of those DPMS.
Doc don't they look good !!!

Edit: I just checked the weight on that gun and it's heavier than I would want it to be Humm

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am surprised that no one here actually has one of them. Maybe they just haven't seen this post.

Bill R

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I have the DPMS LR-308 18" barreled version. I highly recommend the rifles. The only bad thing I can think of to say about them (besides the cost) is the trigger on mine was pretty rough. I bought a Chip Mccormick replacement and life is good! Mine will easily shoot under MOA if I do my part. I feel like I should say more, but their is not much to say. It is an awesome rifle. Get it!

I wanted the 24" barrel, but found a deal on the 18" barrel. Didn't figure their would be that much difference. I have a little over $900 in mine(before extras). With the $150 trigger, rings, scope and other do-dads, I have about ... Never mind don't really want to think about that. Anyway it is a good rifle and you won't regret buying it - so long as you don't plan on carrying it too far - it is heavy! But, recoil is very manageable for a .308.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts