Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a DPMS AR-15. I don't know very much at all about these rifles aside from that they are good guns. What can you guys tell me about this one? If it is a decent ar-15, pros, cons, that sort of thing. I thank in advance.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

It also has a lightweight barell and I was wondering what the pros and cons are to that?

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
The only real complaint I've heard about DPMS is their lower parts kits. But, I only have experience with RRA, Bushmaster, and Double Star. Other then that their supposed to be good guns, alot of cops use them.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I am just trying to figure out what all I need to lube and how. IT is more complicated than what I am used to.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just do a disasembly, clean and oil with light gun oil after shooting and haven't had a glitch yet. (I do obey the list of approved ammo makers they recommend)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's what I did, but I had buddy there to help. I am a little hesitant to do a full dissasembly alone. Should I clean it even if I only shoot a couple of mags through it?

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Just do this, push the two pins out and seperate the gun. Pull the BCG and charging handle out. Clean everything and put it back together, really simple. To me, the gun is easier to take apart and clean then an AK is.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
This is actually a quality piece. I know some folks that swear by them. I will see if I can find them and get them to post some info on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts