Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by a local gun and pawn shop, keeping my eyes peeled for an ar10, they've got a new DPMS with flash hider and collapsible stock, peep sights, for a tad over a grand. What do you guys think of the price?
Also, out of curiosity, the receiver is marked for .308 winchester, rather than 7.62x51, or 7.62 nato, as I would have expected. Is there a reason for this, or is it just that the man at DPMS, like me, prefers English designation over metric?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
7.62NATO can be safely used in .308Win, but not necessarily the other way around. The cases have slightly different volumes, due to NATO having thicker case walls. NATO also has a slightly lower maximum pressure, so it's not necessarily safe to use full-power or max-load .308Win in 7.62x51NATO firearms.

That said, I use .308Win Wolf rounds in my CETME which was designed to use NATO rounds and have not had any issue with the ammo.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have a DPMS AR-10. It's a nice rifle and the price sounds just about right.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a LR 308 panther as well and never ever have had a jam in it.its my baby and i love dpms because they make such great ar10's. im not too sure about there ar15s but ive heard great things. 1100$ sounds good,but you also have to realize, its a used rifle(isnt it?)
if you could barter the pawn guy down to atleast 1000 your doing good but i would try for 900-950$. as far as rounds go, Dont worry about it. i usually shoot federal 308 win. its around 12$ a box which kinda pricey. my solution. i started loading my own rounds. never have had a problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts