Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so they have DPMS stripped lowers for $110 and a sabre arms(or something) for $125 at the PX on camp lejeune. is that a good deal? I have to fill out paperwork and get a letter from my chain of command saying it's ok to get a gun and blah blah blah. They said that it will take like a week but i'm gonna most likely buy both of them. I wish it was as easy as it is in Ohio. I'd have had this thing started by now. i'm guessing if your building a pistol it has to be registered as such. are there designated pistol lower's or do you just register it as one when you buy it?

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Not a horrible price, about right. Companies sell lowers marked "Pistol". However as long as the lower has never had a stock put on it, check to make sure, I'm fairly certain you can transfer it as either. But once a stock as been put on it, you can't transfer a rifle to a pistol.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I got a Sabre defense lower the other day and was not very impressed with it's machining. I paid about $140 for it in a private sale, it's registered as a pistol.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you gentlemen. I have never heard anything bad about DPMS so i believe i'm gonna get a few of them next paycheck. Pred i'm gonna check with the people on base. The problem i have is that to buy pistols on base I have to get a letter of recommendation from my commanding officer, so i dont know if i would have to tell them i'm building a pistol and then get the letter. it wont be a problem, I'm one of the more responsible Marines so they all like me(i got them all fooled). I am getting deployed again in October so i think i'm gonna have my wife buy a few more lowers with my combat pay in case the dem's take office and try something stupid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts