Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying the DPMS Panther with the 22in. Bull barrell. I was wandering are they good and reliable rifles for varmint hunting? Any info would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
They are great rifles. But if your looking at a .22, you could find an even cheaper priced one just as good. IMHO that is.

·
Registered
196 Posts
panthers are definently good quality . i own two. but shop around , you never know whos got the best deal when shoping around for ar type companies. it differs from day to day. what kind of varmit are you looking to swamp

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Even a Ruger 10/22 is good. And the options and accessories they have for them now is huge. You could even make it to look like a DPMS if you wanted. lol And for less then a DPMS.

And in all honesty, a .223 caliber rifle makes a great varminter gun also.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i agree with the glockmiester. its all what you have your heart set on. you could also just buy yourself a lower and interchange uppers if you want a seperate varmiter

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
They are great rifles. But if your looking at a .22, you could find an even cheaper priced one just as good. IMHO that is.
notice he wanted the 22 INCH bull barrel, not a 22. Im assuming he is looking at 223, i have been following his posts and kregg just got into coyote hunting.

DPMS is what i have also been looking at for yotes. They have a good selection of calibers in their AR platform too. Go for it if you've got the funds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
notice he wanted the 22 INCH bull barrel, not a 22. Im assuming he is looking at 223, i have been following his posts and kregg just got into coyote hunting.

DPMS is what i have also been looking at for yotes. They have a good selection of calibers in their AR platform too. Go for it if you've got the funds.
I think the bull barrel is actually a 24 inch barrel and as long as were on 24s he could get a .243 which would romp em and stomp em and uses the same mags as the .260 and .308 or if you just want to see a puff of furr the .338 Federal.:swordfight::swordfight:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts