close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DPMS vs Bushmaster. which is a better value???

Discussion in 'DPMS' started by BAT21, Apr 22, 2002.

1. I am looking at the M-4 LEO versions of these weapons and am interested in knowing if I'd be paying for the Bushmaster name or if I am getting a better gun for the money? I want an extremely reliable and tough rifle and have been diasapointed in the past at certain individuals at Bushmaster - so I'd rather get a better deal for a DPMS if price is the only real difference in the two rifles. Accuracy is an issue up to 100 yards. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

I have a DPMS and after 800 rounds I have had zero prolbems,A friend has a pre-ban DPMS and has fired more rounds than he can count and has had the same number of prolbems.(he does need a barrel) Accuracy is good from the 16" light weight,and from my 24"bull its fantastic...I thank DPMS is worth the money and would be happy to get another one or two...

3. KidKwiK

KidKwiK G&G Newbie

I also have had Zero problems with my DPMS love it !

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

My department issues Bushmaster LEO. I have fired Colt, DPMS, and Bushmaster. With the law enforcement price, I think Bushmaster is a little bit cheaper, but I may be mistaken. I;m a fan of Bushmaster, but DPMS is an excellent manufacturer. I don't think you could go wrong with either. Be safe out there!

5. Excellent. I have a price of 760 for a DPMS M-4 - I will price the Bush and see, but I don't think they will come close.

What type of life expectancy should I see from the carbine's barrel? Is 2000 rounds the limit?

6. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

I thank you should get better life form the barrel than that....

7. polarisgod

polarisgod G&G Newbie

At 2000rds per barrel, I'd be buying about 6 barrels a year! I've had mine for 3yrs and still going strong! Bushmaster or DPMS-both are excellent mfgs. with excellent track records. I'd bet my life on whichever I happened to grab first!

8. Steve Peters

Steve Peters G&G Newbie

Hey Bat21. I purchased a bushmaster M-4 upper barrel kit complete for $180.00 then bought the DPMS lower for $125.00. The rest of the weapon is colt parts bought from R-guns. I dont think they have any more pre-ban lowers though. But anyway for the money mine shoots better than my wifes pre-ban A2 heavy barrel Colt. If I can help let me know I can get you the names of the places that I bought everything from.
    Steve.

9. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    BAT21,
    If what you are looking for is a LEO M4 carbine, I think you should check out Rock River Arms and their LEO carbines and options. If you are going to spend the money you should check everything out. Very reasonable prices, high quality and lot's of LEO options. Good Shooting! Eric

10. Thanks for all the tips!

I'm going with the Bushmaster M-4 despite what I heard regarding barrel indexing problems, purple anodizing on receivers , and lousy/nonexistant customer service (crazy huh?).

I have also heard enough good things about them and like the idea of the 1/9 twist chrome barrel.

I hope to do a range report soon.:assult:

11. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Honestly then why did you ask? Most everyone said DPMS and you still went with what you wanted ingonring the help. Is this one of those things that make you go HMMMMMMMMM..
    Rick B

12. I see your point, but I have looked on other forums and have spoken to others about the gun. I wasn't sure of what gun I was getting until recently.

I think the chrome barrel/ chamber combo is more what I'm looking for in terms of durability and ease of cleaning.

And..

There was a split in the DPMS/BM issue, but nobody repling to this forum had anything bad to say about BM so what the hay.

I'll gamble on BM and if it stinks I'll sell it to my boss.
    He's a BM FANATIC!:D

13. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Now there you go we all know the boss deserves it hehehehehe. Rick B

14. Hey, dont tempt me!!!

Anyway, the BM M4 arrived and it is sweet. No PURPLE reciever....

So far so good.

He can get his own!