close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Drug discussion moved here

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SPOCAHP ANAR, May 23, 2002.

1. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Just think of all the rapists, murderers, and other violent criminals who get short sentences and early releases because we need the space. I'd rather violent criminals be in jail than nonviolent drug addicts being sent to prison.

There goes my right to have my family safe from criminals. Right out the window.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

NEED MORE HALFWAY HOUSES AND DRUG PROGRAMS TO TREAT NON VIOLENT DRUG ABUSERS. BUT AFTER A 3RD CONVICTION AFTER HELP I SAY ITS OFF TO THE GRAYBAR HOTEL FOR THEM!

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

True I agree with that, but if they didnt make it so nice with Cable TV, and such well our local prisions are like that, then maybe they wouldnt want to go back.

4. SPOCAHP ANAR

Rooster

As far as drug being legal, that won't help the honest people, the sick, lame and LAZY druggies still won't get a JOB to earn honest money to buy thier drugs. They will still steal, cheat, lie and anything else to take what you and me have worked for.

Again no law will make people quit being lazy, stupid or bad. These things are a fact of life. And I believe that one of the facets of legalization is to make the drugs safer, not as potent. It will be illegal to deal drugs as an individual-it will be like the ABC stores. They will be taxed just like tobacco and alcohol.

All of you anti drug people; I have not heard your outcry against the two most abused drugs in our society - tobacco and alcohol.

I am really amazed at the dual logic that people on this site subscribe to. One one hand you believe that guns don't kill - people do and you oppose any gun legislation that limits your rights to peacefully own firearms. Then you say that drugs cause crime and we need to get rid of them. You can't have it both ways. You cannot say that we need to get rid of drugs bc they cause crime and then say that guns are only inanimate objects that no law will ever stop accidents or criminals from using a gun.

I suppose this anti drug support comes from those with strong religous and moral backgrounds. We must be careful not to let our personal feelings interfere with someone else's right to conduct themselves the way they want so long as it does not interfere with others. This sort of thinking is EXACTLY why we have so much bogus gun legislation. Again NO law will ever stop someone from killing, robbing, assaulting someone be it for crack for fun or for hatred.

:stupid: :fuss:

Last edited: May 24, 2002
  5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

End the war on drugs ...we've already lost it. I have relatives that use drugs. You may also. I have a friend whose son has been in and out of jail, rehab, boot camp and boys homes...he doesn't want to help himself. how can you help somebody who won't help themselves ? I don't like the effects of the war on drugs.The fourth amendment is not a technicality !..tax and control them the same as liquor and cigarettes. People have known for centuries how bad drinking can be...and known for 2 or 3 decades how bad smoking is for you...they still drink and smoke. They know what the consequences are.
    If drugs were decriminalized the prices would start to compare to that of alcohol or cigarettes. The incredible profits from prohibition would disappear and the accompanying violent crime that those profits incur would plummet also...The only real problem is all the law enforcement jobs and support positions that would be eliminated.

6. SPOCAHP ANAR

I think that one of the tenants of legalization of drugs would be to make them safer, less potent and less addictive. I am sure we could manufacter a drug that produces similar effects without the addcting behavior. I do not think it is ok to go down the street and buy crack, shoot up and run around screaming at people bc they are having a bad trip. It may be that these drugs cannot be reduced, remanufactured to be safe and therefore should not be sold to the general public.

If given a chance I think that someone would rather buy a government sanctioned drug that is less addictive, less dangerous than buy from johnny on the street. There will still be a need for some law enforcement to to run araound and regulate the industry like ALE does with alcohol. But the overall expense that the war on drugs is costing us would be gone. No more no knock warrants.

And hopefully there will be less gun related crime and the libs will lose some ground here.