close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dude this is worse than Dell

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jack O, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudi's. Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending money to pepole who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies import middle eastern oil. (Shell......205,742,000 barrels) (Chevron/Texaco......144,332,000) (Exxon/Mobil...... 130,082,000) ( Marathon.......117,740,000) (Amoco......62,231,000) Do the math at $30 a barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil Citgo, Sunoco,Conoco,Sinclair, BP/Phillips . All of this information is available from the Department of Energy . STOP PAYING FOR TERRORISM

2. Tober

Tober Firearm Aficionado Forum Contributor

Isnt it funny the goverment says we only get 18% from them....they must be smoking something.

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I still dont understand why we can not vcome up with an Oil substatute...even in WW II they were experaminting with synthetic fuels...seems to me that the key to returning the middle east to just a sand filled used camel lot is to make oil and un needed product...seems to me that we got the brain power to clone a sheep, trave in space and the likes that this would not be that diffacult of a task...

4. I never could figure why we Canucks sell U.S.A. our gas, and hydro for cheaper than we get it here? But more importantly I don't know why Canada imports at all.
    The Calgary oilfield is capped, and is estimated to be able to supply this countrys oil requirements for 10 years. That is just 1 of many fields capped.
    Keeping the supply low keeps the price high, makes sense to make a profit, and with all the gov't. invlvement ie.Petro Can, then why expect any of it to make sense! But importing from a country that we were fighting don't make any sense at all.
    I heard they burn sugar fields, and coffee fields, to keep world supplys down, therefore keep demand and profit high. But I really don't think Columbians are stifling there domestic supply to the point they have to import at high prices, from unfriendly, threating countrys.
    Just my 2 cents, 3 cents Can. with exchange rate.:)

5. JohnD

JohnD Member

why dont the usa start drilling in alaska like they were going to. I have heard that the place where they want to drill is not lush countryside but looks more like the back side of the moon. Just like the media and the enviro "mental" people to sway the public with lies, kind of like gun control. I am a hunter and whant wild life to live so I can shoot them but when you are short of oil you should be able to drill on barren land at the least.

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The reason that we do not use synthetic fuels is simple. It takes a great deal of energy to create it. If we developed a cheap form of solar energy, or fusion power, or had a decent nuclear power energy system, synthetic gasoline or hydrogen would be feasible. The reason that synthetic fuels were developed in Germany in WW2 was because supplies of crude oil were cut off.

7. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Put farmers to work!!! We can grow our own fuel and to **** with the Arabs!!!

It is still just mind boggeling that we have not invested back into our country by allowing our fuel supplies to be GROWN by farmers who would like no better then to get as far away from subsidies as possible. Big (commercial) farms love subsidies, a hard working small farmer deserves to have that chance, but they are almost extinct. Let them grow our fuel in he future!!

8. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Alcohol , methyl and ethyl, is the only fuel that is easy to make. It would take pretty much our entire corn AND wheat crops to make enough to power our cars. Alcohol is not a good automotive fuel. It corrodes aluminum and copper. It pulls moisture from the air and forms a solution so it can't be filtered out or seperated. Alcohol only has about 2/3 the energy of gasoline so mileage and range would plummet. Alcohol burning engines also have major emissions problems, creating very nasty fumes, such as formaldahyde. Natural gas is a bit more practical, hydrogen would be great if we could figure out a good way to store it and generate it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2002
  9. amadeus77

amadeus77 G&G Newbie

use less

Why does everyone drive trucks and SUVs when they don't like to pay for gas? The bio-diesel engines can easily be produced and bio-diesel is nothing more than the vegetable oil, the kind they throw away at McDonalds. The fuel cell research would be going better if the researches were not beeing payed by the oil companies to keep quiet. Hey Just look at the president. Where does his money come from? Majority of his family deals with arabs in oil sales.. What else to say?

10. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

er... sorry guys... Spent today adding forums and tweaking the programs... think I've got the "dirty word" filter program finally adjusted. If you have any more trouble PM me. Again... sorry...

Jesse

11. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Yes Amadeus, it all makes sense now. Bush warns everybody that we are too dependent on foreign oil and pushes for increased US oil production and development of alternative fuels because he gets money from Arabs. Why didn't I see it before?

12. jgang

jgang G&G Newbie

come on klaus, everytime a Bush or even
    Reagan got into office the CACA hit the fan. Don't blow your repub horn here! jgang

13. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

jgang, once again I do not know what you are talking about. I would have emailed you privately, but you are blocking emails from this site. Please explain yourself. You can send me email privately, if you want.