Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dumb Question about Hardware in "Proof of Life"

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mico, Jun 20, 2002.

  1. Mico

    Mico G&G Newbie

    I saw the movie for the first time a few days ago, and near the end Russel Crowe is being chased by the bad guys. He plants a mine, runs wire, hides, and detonates the mine from a distance with a hand-held unit that was actuated by a lever.

    Here's the dumb question: What's that detonating unit called? And are they available on the civillian market? And if so, suggestions on where to get one?

    Thanks for your forbearance.
  2. Eric

    Eric G&G Newbie

    It's been a long time since I've seen the movie. But I believe it was a claymore mine(almost positive). He detonated it using a 'clacker". For the fifteen years I've been in that's what it's always been called. When we draw claymores for a demo range, the clacker and the circuit tester are the only residue that we that we have to turn in.
    The best place to get one is at a surplus store next to a military post. They somehow always have them. If we are ever short any for a turn-in, that's where we go. Good Shooting!

  3. Mico

    Mico G&G Newbie

    Thanks, Eric. I'll have to hunt for one.