Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I dont know if this allowed but, I was wondering if anyone has ever bought a m1 garand kit from Dupage Trading Company? I saw their ad in shotgun news for the Garand kits for $184.
I'm wanting to get A garand And was wondering if this kit was worth it in the long run.....any help is appreciated... thank you

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
By the time you get the receiver and either buy the tools or pay someone to assemble it, you could get a CMP gun. The upside is, during a build, it's be much easier to replace any worn parts or rebarrel it. I would research all of the costs involved before I bought the kit though.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
They have been pretty popular. They started selling them like crazy in late September. I donlt know what they have left. You get everything but a barrel, receiver and handguard I think. If you can get a barreled receiver for cheap, I say go for it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input!! I'll have to weigh all the possiblitys. THe gun show is here this weekend. I went a month ago to check out some rifles most of the garands where in the $800 to 1200. range

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I've heard mixed things about the Dupage parts kits. You might read about them on the CMP forum.

That being said, just buy a CMP garand and get it over with! :)

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Buy the time you go through the expense of buying the receiver, barrel, parts kit, and putting it all together (barrel to receiver requires good knowledge, tools, and/or gunsmith services); you'd end up paying more than you would for a CMP rifle in service grade. I've not heard of the Dupage kit so cannot comment on the quality. I'd seriously check out CMP before you did any buying.
Northridge International sells a complete Garand kit less receiver for about $250 and the receiver will cost at least $250 (or more). CMP lists for $595 for service grade and other grades are less.
Note: Many (even gun shops) will tell you the CMP guns are Greek...they are Greek returns from a lend/lease program and are mostly USGI parts on SA or H&R receivers. Some foreign wood but they are not made in Greece.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
CMP has Garand recievers starting at $99.00 .I agree that its cheaper to buy a complete Garand than build one unless you want to do it for the experience.You will have to buythe proper tools and need some knowledge of what you are doing ,you are better off buying a Garnd from CMP. Pepole aren't buying the Dupage kits for building Garands, they are buying them for a stash of parts. For the price it can't be beat. Just do not expect new pristene parts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts