Ed Browns 1911

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by blueice, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Well, that's definitely up for argument. Or at least a long winded discussion. Because some would argue they're not or they're not the only one considered to be the "finest".

Because there's also Wilson Combat, Les Baer and Nighthawk Custom as well.

2. hack1911

hack1911 G&G Newbie

KY
    Ed Brown certainly makes a fantastic product. I don't own one just yet, but I've handled them quite a bit and I was truely impressed. I am hoping to purchase a Classic Custom fairly soon, I'll report back on just how good they are.:)

3. Triumph05

Triumph05 G&G Newbie

I've got an EB Kobra carry. I really enjoy it.

4. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    The Special Forces model is a fantastic handgun.

5. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

I'm more of a Les Baer or Wilson Combat type of guy, but the Ed browns are definitely top of the line.

6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Someone please run down the list, and cite where they arrive at the astronomical figures they sell these for !!

7. hack1911

hack1911 G&G Newbie

KY
    Quality comes at a price.:) LOTS of work goes into these guns.

8. It is a premium product which will command a premium price, SS....

I suspect the quality is such, that it will be passed onto other generations rather than an oven....

9. hack1911

hack1911 G&G Newbie

KY
    This should be passed down through generations, this gun is beautiful. I REALLY want it. Hopefully I can save up enough for it in the next few months.

Ed Brown Classic Custom Two Tone, New In Bag! : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  10. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Yeah,and I am willing to put money on it that a highly knowledgible but unknown gunman/gunsmith like Seabeascotty or SBowers can take firearms and make them just as "SWEET" and dependable for a lot less money.Basically the difference is you don't get the certification papers with Seabee/SBowers types.It all depends on whether you wish to pay for paper work from EB,Wilson,Clark Custom,etc,etc,along with great gunsmithing and have a story to tell about your custom work with paper to back you up,or forget the paperwork,pay only for great gunsmithing/detailing but no story,no paper.I am not talking through my hat.This is experience having raceguns,shotguns,and "TRUE" custom rifles built up and all I got back was the sweetest working firearm I ever owned at only a fraction of the cost.(and by the way,I have seen just as many Ed Brown,Clark Custom,Wilson Combat firearms returned (sometimes multiple times) for fine tuning and detailing as I have firearms detailed by unknowns such as my favorite (mainly because he taught me so much) Dicks Gun Shop Inc.,in Saginaw, Mich. and others I have dealt with.Yes,Ed Brown and such do good work and might increase the value more,but if all you want is "the sweetest gun" shopping around could pay.

11. Triumph05

Triumph05 G&G Newbie

I have the Kobra carry (.45ACP) and a CZ-Dan Wesson C-Bob (10mm). Both are nice and can be "twins" all the way to the night sights, but the Ed Brown has subtle differences that are hard to explain. It is one of those things you have to actually feel.