Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for comments from anyone who has experience with the EEA copy of the Berretta M9. I carried the M9 in the military, got the expert medal with it and never went to the annual qualification without hitting the expert rating, I think it was 36 out of 40 hits on a very large target. I shoot it fine, but have never liked it much because it felt too big in the hand. I carried many other platforms in law enforcement, Glocks, 1911s, and wheel guns.

I recently ran across the import copy by EEA, called the regard. Price is $519 and thinking about additing the gun to my group of high capacity 9mms. My expereince with EEA is limited to only one gun in the past which was great. Anybody have any experience with the Regard or other EEA products? Or any experience with their company or customer service? Looks pretty good but how good is it?

Registered
MSR Shooter and Builder, Precision Bolt Action Rim & Center Fire enthusiast. Glock & 1911 pistoleer
No clue at all. Interesting as my experience in the military was similar with it as well.

I'll make the assumption this is a turkish made copy???

Might be interesting if it gets enough positive reviews.

So I'm tagging this out of interest. 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A genuine USA M盲de Beretta isn鈥檛 much more?
I shot expert with it to, but wasn鈥檛 eligible for the bronze star dual expert device on the AF ribbon because I wasn鈥檛 in the right career field. I love the M9.
The USA Beretta basic gun is about $750 in plain blue and the EEA Regard is only $419 in blue. The Beretta in flat dark earth similar to the one above over $1,200 at all the dealers listed on Gunwatcher except for one that requires a member ship. The one above is $519, less than half. And the one above is quite a bit better looking than the Beretta which is why it caught my eye. I am just hoping to find someone who actually has one.

The original M9 as you may recall had to be re-designed when a frame blew apart when being fired by a Navy Seal. I remember them being recalled and think they changed out all the slides. So, I am not really sold on one with the Berretta name on it. Much like a 1911, I have two Colts but do not necessary think Colt makes a better 1911 than anyone else. I know 2 vets who bought the Taurus copy of the M9 and swore by them. I have no clue if Taurus still makes a clone. This one just looks good.

$519 Regard ---------------------- $1,240 Beretta

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Makes sense.
For non specific generalities I was driving more toward this on price.
That is a good price, best I have seen. Anybody wanting one should jump on that They are $740 at Buds Gun Shop yesterday. I would also want the threaded barrel which the Regard has. I have a threaded barrel on my Glock and with the 8 inch one pound suppressor it just makes for a very front heavy handgun. However, it does change the game a little bit because you can shoot without ear protection at small game or just plinking in the boonies which I enjoy.

You were Air Force so I will share that back in the day troops at the 1st Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Fld. were carrying M9s with suppressors and a quick detach capability, snapped on snapped off. Supressor fit in a little holster on the belt with the gun. Still have never seen that exact set up on the civilian market. So I decided then if I ever bought a personal M9, it would have a can so there is my reason for that feature.

Reactions: jerry

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For under $350 you can get an Italian or Spanish military or police trade-in FS or S. A few years ago, you could get the ones with the Euro mag release for under $300.
For under $350 you can get an Italian or Spanish military or police trade-in FS or S. A few years ago, you could get the ones with the Euro mag release for under $300.
Good looking gun for sure. Nice grips too. They also made it in 40 SW, the model 96A1 I think. When Ballistics by the Inch tested the Beretta in 40 SW they had a Corbon 135 grain bullet that got about 650 foot pounds of energy, that is 41 Mag territory. The Beretta in 9mm got up to about 480 foot pounds. That makes the 40 look pretty good for carry in black bear country where we sometimes go 2-3 times per year. So, now I am conflicted, Berreta, Regard, 9mm, 40? I reload and have piles of 40 and 9 brass, so ammo availability is not really an issue as long as I can get primers.

Registered
I am looking for comments from anyone who has experience with the EEA copy of the Berretta M9. I carried the M9 in the military, got the expert medal with it and never went to the annual qualification without hitting the expert rating, I think it was 36 out of 40 hits on a very large target. I shoot it fine, but have never liked it much because it felt too big in the hand. I carried many other platforms in law enforcement, Glocks, 1911s, and wheel guns.

I recently ran across the import copy by EEA, called the regard. Price is $519 and thinking about additing the gun to my group of high capacity 9mms. My expereince with EEA is limited to only one gun in the past which was great. Anybody have any experience with the Regard or other EEA products? Or any experience with their company or customer service? Looks pretty good but how good is it?
View attachment 158793
I just got my Regard MC and saved half the price of the Beretta , For the price and quality I am ecstatic as I took it target shooting and put a box of ammo through it and I am amazed how well it shot . I think with a little more practice with it I will be able to do it justice as I haven't shot in about three years but out of the box mine shot within from the 8 ring to the bullseye so I am super pleased with it and see another in my future soon .

Registered
I love any and all firearms, also love archery hunting.
I've only got one EAA, the EAA Windicator a short barrel (2") .357, pronounced 'Vindicator'! That thing is one of my favorite revolvers. It will Shoot anything and because of it's weight, it makes the heavy load very easy to shoot. I carry it a lot on my property, loaded with Buffalo Bore 180 grain hardcast bear loads, we have quite a few black bears around here. If that pistol is anywhere near as good as their revolver, I say buy it. I may look into one myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts