close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eight Legged Freaks revisited

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BenP, Jul 18, 2002.

1. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

Okay, I went and saw the movie last night. I'll tell ya what, forget the flamethrowers. Give me bug spray. Those guys were blasting them with 12 gauge and had marginal effect, but when the main dude sprayed a little perfume in the queen spider's face, she nearly collapsed. A can of raid would've made her flop over and curl her legs up. (John Goodman with the twin tanks from Arachnaphobia would've ended the whole fight before it started)

Kinda funny movie. They gave the big spiders the ability to vocalize. They sounded kinda like Magwai from the movie Gremlins.

If I had to pick a conventional civilian accessible small arm, I'd be looking for that SPAS semi auto 12 ga with drum mags and alternate between 00 buck and slug rounds. For the bigger tarantulas, I'd want someone with a 50 bmg. Kinda like Tremors 2, where Michael Gross had to fight both the Gravoids and the Screamers. Two different firepower delivery requirements. Now that twin 50 cal turret mount that he had in Tremors 3 would be just the ticket. More than enough firepower to smoke all the nasties.

They shoulda had the main characters get naked or something. It needed a little gratuitous sex to go with all the violence. I give it 2 1/2 stars. Exciting, but after the initial attack in town, it got kinda boring.

2. I'll wait untill the movie is released. Thank you very much.

3. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

It came out here last nite general release. It'd be worth a matinee, but not a full ticket I think.

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Like I said before, since its fantasy land i'd use an M-1 Abrams tank. If giant spiders could run rampant, then I could have a tank in my garage, thank you very much!

5. NRA Joe, you are close

I'd opt for a fully armed Apache Helo....... Fly clear and start blasting......

as long as we are dreaming......:jet:

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

You ever hit a big spider with bug spray? It just P.O.'s her at first. Oh, she'll die after a while, but it ain't quick enough. Same with big roaches - they go bonkers! The big bugs are tough, and down here in Florida we have some big bugs. For those big movie spiders, I'd favor a 12gauge with cylinder bore and buck shot. Or flechettes, that's the ticket!
    Something involving mass electrical charges would probably be best.

7. What ever happened to aresol hair spray and a bic lighter.

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

12 gauge & a .357 Magnum revolver...Oh yeah give me more gratuitous sex & violence...

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

After a big day blowing away giant spiders with my .50, I could use some gratuitous sex.

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

You ain't kidding Klaus.

11. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Just remember, the females eat their mates . . .oops, I thought we were talking spiders. ;)