close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eight legged freaks

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: Have you seen the trailer for the movie "Eight Legged Freaks" :p Kind of like "Arachnaphobia" if the spiders were on serious steroids...What gun & load would you use in that scenario ? :rolleyes: :fuss: :nod: :assult: Why ?

2. Fry Time !!!

Flame Thrower--:flame:

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I'd be extremely surprised if anybody in the movie has a Flame Thrower....Wouldn't you ?

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

hehe. I found a hard case that carries my .50 DE, with both barrels, sight, and 3 mags. I have to take the barrel off the farme, but the whole case is only the size of a lunch box. I'd say it would be suitable kit for large arachnids.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

An M1 Abrams Tank...hey we're in fantasy world so thats mine!!!

6. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Klaus at least had a decent answer...showed some imagination..got in to the spirit of the topic.
    I like a pump shotgun & a .357 magnum revolver in this situation.

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Quad 50 mounted on a very fast vehicle...in the movie. If it was for real, I'd take the M1A1 Abrahms.

8. NRAJOE

Thank you Eric!! nanner,nanner,boo,boo Logans dad!!! LOL

9. Ok I'll take my my dang flame thrower and go home.

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I heard a rumour that it was entirely legal to own a flame thrower....Alan where would you get one ?

11. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Has anyone thought about the stupidness of the movie....it looks bad to the younger generation...thats just IMHO

12. NRAJOE

Yeah it does look rather dumb and predictable. Rather see an old 50's creature feature!

13. Logansdad--as long as it was legal I believe I could build one myself.--Why do you ask?
    I tend to be mechanically minded.

14. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Alan c, I don't see where it's illegal to own a photon torpedo. Can you build one for me, Please. (I did say please).

15. NRAJOE

I want you to build me a transporter while your at it Alan..ok?

16. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Don't know how to make photon torpedoes, but I could build you a powerful coil gun or possibly a high powered plasma laser. A plasma laser combines the features of a free electron laser and a gas laser. I suspect it was perfected about 15 years ago. I keep tabs on many fields of research and notice sudden news blackouts in certain projects, which I usually interpret as breakthroughs resulting in classification. Often, I can guesstimate the nature of the breakthrough.

17. Man I am going to leave this one to Klaus. A flame thrower is one thing but, that Star Trek stuff is over my head. The only coil gun that I am familiar with is the one that shoots nails.
    Beam Me Up Scotty.

18. NRAJOE

I'm just a country doctor Jim!- "Bones" McCoy

19. Captain-- We dont have enough powwwwwer.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2002
  20. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

A coil gun uses a set of high powered electromagnets, firing in sequence, to propel a ferrous slug to autocannon velocities and above. It is somewhat related to a "rail gun", but much more efficient and lower velocity. They are also sometimes called gauss guns. Using common components, I figure I can build a rifle sized device about equal to a .22LR. Or have a gun that drives .177 cal steel BBs at 2000-3000 FPS (guesstimate), full auto. If a larger powersource is available, like a car battery, much higher power levels could be achieved.