Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of Oklahoma employers are making a novel argument in opposing a state law requiring employers to allow workers to have guns in locked vehicles where they work.

More...

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
If company policy denies anyone the right to defend themselves and they are killed or injured because of this policy the company should be liable for both punitive and actual damages. Get a good Lawyer!

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Windwalkers Iddy is a good one. If the employers win then they should be held liable for there employee's safty.
A.H

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,586 Posts
If ONE (count 'em ONE) employee who could have carried a firearm for self-defense is injured or killed by a bad guy on the way to or from work because of these inane corporate policies, perhaps they (or their estate) should sue the company for multi-millions of $. The companies are creating a dangerous working environment by banning firearms everywhere (which have demonstrated high value in protecting people for self-defense, deterring crime, and posing virtually no risk). If all that the corporations with these incredibly stupid "no weapons" policies understand is lawyers, legalisms, and money perhaps someone should hit them there.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I brought this up to my employer (big oil) and they shrugged it off like it didnt apply to them and it was in my best interest to play ball on this. lol.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I've thought about this Thread a lot over the week end.
What if you've left for work and decided to stop at a convenence store to buy a breakfast Item or gas.
You walk in and the store is being robbed and the robber has a gun.
You also have a gun BUT it's at home because your employer doe's not allow guns on there property.
The robber decides he doesn't want witness'es so bang your dead.
Oviously the odds of not becomeing a crime statistic is greatly reduced if you would had been able to carry your handgun.
But because of your employer your not able to defend yourself.
The Employer should have to pay restitution to your family if your killed and to you if you become permently disabled from being shoot, stabbed, clubbed.
A.H

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I agree, A.H. The company that employed the injured or killed person best pray that I don't set on the jury.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts