Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an edystone enfield (1917), that I recieved on trade, it had been spoterized with a prone stock and the ears milled off, I put a peper laminate stock that i purchased from boyds on it and parkerized it any ways the 30-06 barrel looks to be in verry good shape but it dose not group worth a dang. I have tried rem. 165 grn core locks 110 grn's 150 grn and am planning to shoot some 180 grn the best i can group is about 2.5 with 165 grn. if i cant expect better results then i am considering re-barreling the rifle for a 35 wheelen the rifle is tough enough and i already own a 338 win mag so the 338-06 is not that atractive to me and a 308 so im not that interested in another 30 cal rifle, i know that of all the enfields the eddy stone armory have a rep. for craking recievers and the shoulders need to be milled off the barrel befor removal to prevent this from happening, thoughts, advice on cal. that might not require bolt mods? trigger is un mod. and is probably part to blame

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Are you sure it's not the crown or muzzle rifling throwing off the groups? If you are planning on a re-barrel anyway, why not try trimming and re-crowning the barrel and see what happens? My local 'smith only charges $27.50 to re-crown a barrel if it is already trimmed and roughed out fairly square.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts