Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have been shooting some corrosively primed ammo through my Enfield MK 1 No.4, and have swabbed the barrel out really well, however, I want to disassemble the bolt to clean out the inside where the firing pin is.

I have discovered a tool is needed. In lieu of a tool, is there a trick of the trade to get that sucker out? I removed the little screw that prevents the firing pin from screwing itself out, and tried a pair of needle nosed pliers, but they wouldn't reach the little slots on the pin. I also tried unscrewing it with pliers, but I didn't want to scuff badly. Or, is it worth it to just go buy one? SO, any suggestions would be appreciated!

I've gotta say, of the two Mosins I own, and a 1917 Remington war rifle the Enfield is by far my favorite to shoot. Even out of the rest of my rifles, and all other rifles I have ever shot. I love it. Everybody should have one:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can make a tool out of 3/8 outside diameter tubing, steel or brass. From "Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly, Part IV: Centerfire Rifles." Simply cut a length of tubing and file the end to leave two projections that fit the recesses on the striker collar. Stick the tool in the front of the bolt and unscrew the striker unit from the knob at the rear. Watch out for spring pressure when it turns loose! Worked fine for me.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
bolt cleaning

Hmmm I might just try taking off the bolt head and soaking the bolt in some bore solvent, and blowing the crud out with WD-40 or compressed air. Go on google and type in "Enfield Bolt Disassembly" it shows how to take the bolt apart and the parts. Its a #2 Enfield Mk IV training rifle bolt but it should be the same, it also shows a picture of the bolt disassembly tool.

Collecting and Shooting the Military Surplus Rifle (2006) - Surplusrifle.com

the tool can be bought from

Welcome to Numrich Gun Parts Corp..

for 11.00 (not sure how old the website is)
hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts