Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pick up a No 4 Nk 1/2 enfield and want to know is the bolt suppose to lock back like a mauser when the last round is ejected or just closes. Mine just close when the last round is ejected and I didnt know if that was correct or I need to fix it.

Thanks

DevilDogZ28

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
it just closes .unless all three of our guns are broken!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info I rather be safe then sorry . Im hope to take in to the range this weekend if the weather and the wife permit thatnks again for the help I really appreciate it

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
i bet your gonna like that enfield! i love mine and its not even pretty!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think your right about that. I have been working tha action and like the smoothes of it. I cant wait to take her out.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,326 Posts
And not all Mausers 'lock open' either. The Turks beveled the back corner of the mag follower, so it's bolt will slide home when empty, just like our beloved Enfields. :eek:uttahere:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt know than . Now is that the one I've seen in The Sportman's Guide for sale (1898 Turkish 8mm Mauser).

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
my 24/47 doesnt lock open... or the wasr10 for that matter..

·
Registered
723 Posts
Neither does my Yugo M24. My M1917 Enfield does. In order to load 1 round at a time without having the bolt hold-open engaged, you need a magazine follower depressor. I had a Century Arms L1A1 that I got rid of that didn't have a bolt hold open. It actually had the bolt hold open that engaged the follower on the magazine, but appearantly Century Arms grinds it down(I have no idea why they would do that). I was going to replace it, but ended up selling the rifle to buy my Imbel receiver HB Izzy.

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
I think your right about that. I have been working tha action and like the smoothes of it. I cant wait to take her out.
i understand, the one i have is so smooth that sometimes i will run out of rounds and close the bolt and not realize that it didnt pick up a round.its the only gun i have that can trick:09: me like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts