Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a Enfield No.4 Mk 2 rifle at an auction. I have always wanted one ever since I was a small boy. Hoping to find out all I can about the Enfield rifles and it looks like I've found the right place to start!

·
Premium Member
30,733 Posts
oh good! i love the 2 enfields ive got a mk1 and a mk 2.
got any photos?
we REALLY like gun photos
you should show us some photos

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have one in excellent condition. My problem is I am left handed shooting rifles so I don't get to enjoy the fast firing capability that this fine weapon posseses. My friends (right handed) shoot it very well and I marvel at them at how fast it really is. The last time I had it out for long range shooting, it was at about 400 yds with my dad along with a M1 garand and m1a Springfield. Now that was a good day. The thrillsome threesome were dead on. For a Bolt action rifle (no mods), it will be tuff to beat for all around firepower, capacity, and accuracy along with ease of handling.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,087 Posts
I used to think them clunky and cumbersome - til I got one! Now I have three - two No.1 Mk.III*'s and a No.4 Mk.1/2. I think my No.4 started as a Mk.1 and was upgraded to Mk.2 standard during it's ROF.
Only my Swiss K31 beats it for consistent repeatable accuracy.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,326 Posts
I have an excellent all # matching Irish contract No.4 MkII...awesome shooter with the micro sight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts