Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I don't... but WELCOME to GUN and GAME glad to have you aboard.
Hang around maybe another member will have one. Thanks...A.H

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
The only one's I've ever seen were chambered for the obsolete .410 Enfield but I'm not sure what the differences are. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have one thats chambered for 2 1/2" commercial ammo.
Civilian conversion on a 1918 ShtLE BSA.
It's been re-BNP'd for 3 1/4ton as well and 2 different 410 stamps.
Aprox 6" groups ( standing, unsupported) at 50yd with 2 1/2" slugs and about a 20" pattern at 20yd using shot.
3" shot ammo work very well also , actually better than the 2 1/2" which I've had a few light primer strikes that didn't fire.
The mag is still in place but won't quite feed 410ammo , so I use it as a loading platform only for single shot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive been looking around i have a lee enfield no1 mk3 1940 matching numbers 303. that fires amazingly and a no.1 i think that it pitted and i would like to get made into a 410 how hard is it besides boring out the barrel what all much be changed to fire normal 410 shells

·
Registered
585 Posts
Its no problem at all to a gunsmith - bore out the barrel (just to get rid of the rifleing basically) ream out the chamber and away you go.
No modification to bolt, extractor needed.
It will only be a single shot as the Enfield magazine will not cope with 'flat ended' cartridges.
I did see someone who had mounted a Siaga 410 magazine into an Enfield magazine and it did work but its a bit of a 'bodge' and lots of work to get it correctly aligned and to consistently pick up the cartridges.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thats good to know hmm maybe i should star working on modifying this enfield mag i have that is bent pretty badly and wont feed right has no numbers on it so its not worth anything after a few hours onf tinkering i might be able to make it work

·
Registered
585 Posts
To modify the mag - take out the spring and follower, get the Saiga 410 mag and wedge it approximately into place with little bits of wood, keep adjusting it until the 303 bolt will pick up the 410 cartridge and then pour resin into the mag to hold everything in place.
Works - but - takes some patience and fiddling

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have just the one-heres the boy trying to reduce a tree LOL

The one I have has the fitted wood plate

The main rifle was a B.S.A 1917 org then in 1948 R.F.I 410.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i see them all done with mk3 can it be done to a no3? if you seen my post its the one with the nice wood i tried firing it and i needed to use a hammer to get the shell out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts