close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Enjoying The 4TH . . .

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Big Dog, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

. . . with some good legal "fireworks" - our guns! Several friends and I will be at the range early. Guns on the line, tail-gate party later in the parking area, no alcohol (save that for at home later that evening). Friends, family and firearms, it doesn't get better than that.
    Anybody else plan on celebrating this way?

:usa:

2. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Hi Bigdog,Yes we are going to celebrate the 4th and a birthday party as one for my grandson who was born on the 4th of July five years ago.
    It seems the 4th was brought about to celebrate Independance Day for our successful war we fought over taxation without representation mainly.
    Seems fireworks are very appropriate for a celebration such as this and also a time to ponder just how far we have come,looks like we have come full circle to a time when we not only have taxation with out representation,but we have over taxation with out representation.We are paying a much higher percentage of our income in taxes than we were then.Hummmmmmmm!:nod: :nod: :nod: :confused:

3. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Fireworks on the Holland Grill. My brother the chef will do the honors...

Jesse

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Once again I gotta work while all you guys have fun! But $30 an hour for 12 hrs (yes 12 hrs on a holiday) won't hurt my feelings. Eat a burger and a dog for me guys,also have 4 or 5 Budweisers for me. Be careful everyone! :usa:

5. wes

wes G&G Newbie

No fireworks here this year,too dry,fire danger. That's ok though,we'll just leave it up to the Federal employees to start the fires.

6. No fireworks here this year either. There are always a few people that bring some in from Mexico and set them off but if they get caught this year after a city wide ban, the courts bank accounts will get bigger and the jails a little fuller. I'm staying home this year and cooking on the grill. Got the grill all cleaned up, steaks ready to marinate and if the weather man is correct it should be cool enough this weekend to go shooting. Havent shot my latest M44 yet. Happy 4th!

7. NRAJOE same here--Gotta work, but instead of overtime I get 3 days off this week. Wasn't that nice.

8. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Now this is going to be a family affair celebration.

My wife and I are driving westward tomorrow to a family reunion at Marion, KS. To those not familiar with this area, Marion is located approximately 60 miles south of Abiline, the boyhood home of former president Dwight Eisenhauer.

It's been a few years since my clan has gotten together so I'm really looking forward to this reunion. A permit to shoot fireworks has been obtained so unless the rains come down we'll be celebrating big time. My brother's site is located on Lake Marion with about 10 acres.

A pig will be slowly roasted, lies will be told (ha), beverages will be inbibed (soft drinks by most, of course...this is a family affair)picture albums will be displayed. All the usual stuff.

Then back to the real life of the big city, 365 miles east of boot hill (Dodge City that is).

Oxford:nod:

9. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    installing lights with dad and brother on the 18' jon boat, getting some other stuff ready for duck season. Oh, can't foreget the good food and beer! Play with youngin's in between. Dang, I gotta blow up the big pool. Can I borrow some hot air from here? Come on! just kiddi'n!
    you all enjoy, & you people working better at least buy some ammo or something :}

10. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Well My 4th is going to wear me out a long awaited project has finally been started this week I finished the process of buying an additional acre and half adjoining my house's property, I just had two concrete pads poured on Tuesday and I am doing the backfilling with a the shovel and wheel barrow lots of fun maybe the neighbor will let me use his D5 to pile the rock up so it makes it easier to get the job done. Then this weekend I am going to put up the full structure for the new dog pen yes the dog is getting a 13'x13' pen with a shingled roof matching my garage. Of course my favorite part of this weekend is Sat. night Daytona and I am hoping to see the CAT car win again.

11. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I forgot BE SAFE and have a Happy 4th

12. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Heck Shaun,
    I thought by now you'd be a JR fan or looking for a Case crawler to finish off that project. Wade Burton is a heck of a guy.
    b sahe your self and have fun! I haven't foregotten about you, my friend I told you about will be back July 11th