Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
I wonder how it would have grouped at 50, proabably alittle more practical for smoothbore slugs.

also would like to see it pattern at 50 with shot.

I love who tee who, seems like a regular ole gun guy like many of us.

Registered
I wonder how it would have grouped at 50, proabably alittle more practical for smoothbore slugs.

CAUTION: THIS IS NOT A 45/410 LIKE THE ROSSI CIRCUIT JUDGE. IT IS 410 ONLY AND THE HOLE IN THE BARREL IS 0.410 in a cylinder Bore in a Full Choke it is only .39 caliber. IT WILL NOT SHOOT 45 CAL BULLETS THAT ARE, WELL .45.

Basically a nice copy of the Rossi Circuit Judge except it only shoots the 410 and has a smooth bore. The Rossi has a rifled bore and will stabilize 45 pistol bullets and can even be used for deer at 100 yards or under.

I read a review from a guy who said this one would not accept 45 Colt so he was going to hone out the cylinder so he could shoot 45 LC in it. That is nuts. He would be chambering a 45 cal bullet in that cylinder going to a barrel that goes down to 39-41 caliber. Might get by with slow moving lead but jacketed is likely to burst the barrel. I looked up their manual, it says 410 only.

Your question was what groups might it get at 50 yards. I have a bunch of 410s, my comment is groups with slugs would be about the same as you would get in a 12 gauge. Maybe 3-6 inches. 410 slugs are usually listed as 1/4 to 1/5 ounces, that is 87.5-109 grains. They launch about 1,700 to 1800 fps. Pretty fast but out of a smooth bore, not so accurate. At the muzzle they are about 700 foot pounds but it sheds pretty quick.

As to groups with shot. Patterning 20,16, and 12 gauge is always done at 40 yards and the 410 at 30 yards. Basically in 410 you will get 25 inch pattern at 25 yards and a 50 inch pattern at 50 yards. The problem is when you only have 3/4 to 11/16 ounces of shot, it is pretty thin. The new Tungston 410 #9 shot is said to kill turkeys at 40 yards, it is $7 per shot. Shooting turkeys with a 410 and lead bullets is pretty much a 25 yard program.

Anyway, just a six shooter 410 shotgun, at about $700, I would suggest the Rossi or Henry lever action or the Marlin if you could find one. On the other hand the 410 Mossberg pump is a cool little gun and less than $300. If you win the lottery, I would suggest the Winchester 9410, no longer made, looks like any model 94 in 30-30, except in 2.5 inch 410. They are not cheap.

Love my 410s. Everybody should have 4 or 5. Just take a 410 double and walk around looking for rabbits. Whether you find any or not, you will like the 410 double.

Super Moderator
Are these guns DA/SA or SAO? I might have missed it but after watching like 5 videos on youtube I never see anyone shoot it DA?

Registered
Are these guns DA/SA or SAO? I might have missed it but after watching like 5 videos on youtube I never see anyone shoot it DA?
It's the DA/SA just like the judge. This is from the Cheaper than Dirt add:
""""The .410 Revolving Action Shotgun from LKCI is a Perfect Small Game and Pest Control Shotgun
The LKCI Eternal-Rev-410 revolving action shotgun in .410 bore is ideally suited for small game hunting and pest control. The Double Action/Single Action trigger, and 5-round swing out cylinder give you the ability to quickly engage targets. The checkered Turkish Walnut stock and cylinder give Eternal-Rev-410 the look and feel of a classic field gun. For pure shooting pleasure there is nothing like a .410 bore shotgun."

Like I said above it is just a 410 nothing more, not like the Taurus Judge that also takes the 45 Colt or the SW Governor that takes the 410, the 45 Colt or the 45 acp with moon clips. I have one of those. And that is where this concept would really take off, if some one would sell a Smith and Wesson Governor Carbine that would take all three and have 6 rounds instead of 5. I can reload the Gov with 45 acp moon clips as fast as any revolver with moon clips. That gun would sell.

Now picture that carbine that would take the 410, 45 Colt, and 45 acp with moon clips, and be either stainless or nickel. Those would sell. The NRA did a test with the one like mine and at 20 yards got 1.5 inch groups with both the 45 acp and the 45 Colt. It a 16 inch barrel they should be good out to maybe 100 yards. I would buy one for sure. FWIW

Buy Smith & Wesson LE Governor 6RD .410/.45 ACP/.45 Colt Stainless Online | 160410LE - Buds Gun Shop Here is one like mine.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal
Here is the Rossi Circuit Judge.
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

Super Moderator
It's the DA/SA just like the judge. This is from the Cheaper than Dirt add:
""""The .410 Revolving Action Shotgun from LKCI is a Perfect Small Game and Pest Control Shotgun
The LKCI Eternal-Rev-410 revolving action shotgun in .410 bore is ideally suited for small game hunting and pest control. The Double Action/Single Action trigger, and 5-round swing out cylinder give you the ability to quickly engage targets. The checkered Turkish Walnut stock and cylinder give Eternal-Rev-410 the look and feel of a classic field gun. For pure shooting pleasure there is nothing like a .410 bore shotgun."

Like I said above it is just a 410 nothing more, not like the Taurus Judge that also takes the 45 Colt or the SW Governor that takes the 410, the 45 Colt or the 45 acp with moon clips. I have one of those. And that is where this concept would really take off, if some one would sell a Smith and Wesson Governor Carbine that would take all three and have 6 rounds instead of 5. I can reload the Gov with 45 acp moon clips as fast as any revolver with moon clips. That gun would sell.

Now picture that carbine that would take the 410, 45 Colt, and 45 acp with moon clips, and be either stainless or nickel. Those would sell. The NRA did a test with the one like mine and at 20 yards got 1.5 inch groups with both the 45 acp and the 45 Colt. It a 16 inch barrel they should be good out to maybe 100 yards. I would buy one for sure. FWIW

Buy Smith & Wesson LE Governor 6RD .410/.45 ACP/.45 Colt Stainless Online | 160410LE - Buds Gun Shop Here is one like mine. View attachment 171929 Here is the Rossi Circuit Judge. View attachment 171930

wanna hear some liberal state gun law absurdity?

This 5 shot .410 revolving hunting shotgun is considered an illegal "assault shotgun" in MD because its semi auto shotgun with a revolving cylinder ammunition feeding device.

:rolleyes:

Registered
wanna here some liberal state gun law absurdity?

This 5 shot .410 revolving hunting shotgun is considered an illegal "assault shotgun" in MD because its semi auto shotgun with a revolving cylinder ammunition feeding device.

:rolleyes:
I am sorry. I actually laughed. So, if my SW Governor and assault shotgun pistol because it will shoot bird shot or buck shot? The Governor does have a rifled barrel. And that revolving cylinder ammo feeding device, lololol

I assume my 6 round moon clips would be illegal there too?

Super Moderator
I am sorry. I actually laughed. So, if my SW Governor and assault shotgun pistol because it will shoot bird shot or buck shot? The Governor does have a rifled barrel. And that revolving cylinder ammo feeding device, lololol

I assume my 6 round moon clips would be illegal there too?
No.
.410 pistols/revolvers are fine..

The .410 shotgun with the stock would be illegal in MD cause the only stipulations for an "assault shotgun" in MD are its banned if its semi auto and has a cylinder feeding device.

Democrats put that definition in there to ban things like the striker street sweeper from the 1980s that they don't even make anymore and obviously things like the Eternal Rev .410 shotgun get caught up in that definition.

*eye roll.

Whats funny is that under the MD definition of "assault shotgun" the .410 hunting shotgun gets banned but my 12G benelli M4 with 7 shot tube and telescoping buttstock and pistol grip is cash n carry...same with my saiga 12... cause it has no cylinder ammunition feeding device.

Same for the Beretta 1301 or Remington 1100 etc. Or any other magazine fed semi autos. All legal semi auto "tactical" 12g semi auto shotguns in MD.

But God forbid if you have a. 410 revolving cylinder hunting shotgun!

This is what happens when people who know nothing about guns make gun laws.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts