close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ever hear of arachnoiditis?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by lyon, Mar 15, 2002.

1. lyon

lyon G&G Newbie

My doctor diagnosed me with this incurable disease last week.

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

No I am not familar with it, what ma I ask is it exactly?

3. lyon

lyon G&G Newbie

Inflamation of the the inner layer (Arachnoid) of the spinal cord. I,ve had a few back surgeries and a few myelograms, could be caused by either. I hurt all the time in my low back and right leg. Sometimes my right leg goes completely numb.
    WARNING FOR ANY ONE WITH BACK TROUBLE
    The oiled based die used for myelograms may cause complications for you later .

4. rustyb

rustyb G&G Newbie

Know how you feel same here only left leg

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

My father has serious back problems and can barely walk sometimes, its amazing what he can do, he got that from a car accident almost 13 years ago.

Well I can't say I know what you are going through, but I can say that you have my prayers for you

6. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

arachnoid

:eek: the serous (resembling serum...watery) membrane forming the the middle of the three coverings of the brain and spinal cord :( sorry

7. So sorry to hear that. Got a few damaged(irrepairable, degenerating)vertabrae myself and other med. problems. A bad back sure changes things, but try not to get discouraged. Uncurable today, could be the thing they cure tommorrow!
    Check out disabled hunters forum, you'll see that we are a caring bunch, and can be a lot of help at times.

8. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

I have shrapnel lodged in my left leg cozied up to my scaitic nerve from a chicom grenade, its been there since 1969, It has really been bothering me lately from the scar tissue, the quacks want to take it out but there is some risk of loss of partial use of my leg, I think i will grin and bear it, VA docs suck, and my HMO is not much better

9. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

I guess I wanted to say hang in there trooper, my wife has her l1 and l2 vertabrae fused, and she is in constant pain, life wears on all of us, hang in there buddy, keep breathing, keep getting along and keep posting, these are really good folks on this forum, the best, let us know how you are doing, and God bless you