Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were bought out by Hornady some time ago, I do know that. But that's all I know. I was looking into a used kit by them that someone is trying to sell me.
Does anyone have any info on them?
How is the quality of this equipment?

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
All I can say is that I heard about it once -- you might check out m.d. smith reloading on the web -- he might have some info for you. MY machines include Lee, RCBS and Dillon

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I thought Pacific was a fore runner of Hornady (or perhaps bought out by Hornady)?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I have an old single stage Pacific/Standard reloading set up. You can get dies and shell holders both from Lee and RCBS. The Lee dies are cheaper to buy and come with a shell holder where you have to purchase the shell holder seperate with the RCBS dies. At least that is the way they are offered in my local gun store. They have a cross reference guide that can help you. As for quality, I would consider it very good, mine comes from a time when they built things to last out of good materials. And looks, well it is ugly as sin. I hope this info is a help to you.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I've got an old Pacific poster on the wall, it say's a Divison of Hornady. With a photo of a press dies etc. as well as a good cartridge chart. Maybe get in touch with Hornady and see what they can tell you about it.

Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
They are as good quality as anyone's, better than some.

IF the price is anywhere reasonable, buy it, you'll never regret it.

Just to make sure, contact Hornady and ask them about their warranty policy. No need to tell them you're gonna buy it at a yard sale etc. Some companies don't care long as it's their products they are back by a Lifetime warranty. I'd almost bet that's what you'll find here on the Pacific products they make/sell. Back in the 50's and 60's they were as popular as anyone's and just as good or better.

www.hornady.com

George

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks fellas, for the info. I have decided to pass and just go pick up a RCBS or new Hornady set. I hear good things about both, and should be in my price range soon enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts