Excuses, Excuses! AWOL again!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Seabeescotty, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Well, I've been busy, and have met more of our members, and have been missing one of our beloved members, and did I say I was busy?!??!? But, I did get some pics to share, and will do my best to get them on here! Big Elk Canoe has been to the shop, and brought me some work, thank goodness. And today, Debi and I met Oldjarhead and his wife. Oh yeah, thank you Bobvonb and Sarge, for the nice words on the jobs you just got back. I'm glad everyone is happy and satisfied! Now for the pics, as I know how much you folks like to see what's going on in the old shop!

The first pic is Oldjarhead and his 10-22, with the Scotty mounted suppressor. The second is Shellie shooting the Bunny carved .257 Roberts. The third and fourth pics are of the funloving bunch that were present! LOL!

Attached Files:

2. larmus

larmus G&G Enthusiast

awesome! looks like a good time my friends!!!

3. Great picts Scotty, glad you all had a great tme.

4. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

All these pics make me jealous !! If'n I start walkin' now, I might make Okie-Homa by May !!

5. Seabeescotty

Let's see if I have any more excuses.....

The next ones are Of the rifle CGO and I went and picked up at Alma, Arkansas, for our fellow member Bobvonb. It still needed some work, before we sent it home. We have one to go, and all will be well with our friend!

Attached Files:

6. Seabeescotty

Thank you, my Alaskan Brothers in Arms! We had a great time with Dave and Shellie, and they promised to be here for the next BBQ/Memorial Weekend. What a nice couple, and great folks to meet! Darn it, I forgot to get pics of Sarge's Hipower, and it tees me off, to be so absent minded! And I still have to get some pics of BEC's bubbaed SKS! He is a great fella, too! He better be here, next event, because we know where he lives, and will send the G&G POLICE! LMAO!

7. BigElkCanoe

BigElkCanoe G&G Addict Forum Contributor

8. You did a great job and bonvonb will undoubtedly be very happy.

But might I ask, what brand and model it was/is?

9. Seabeescotty

It's an M95 Steyr, and a nice action. The next one is going to be chambered in 7.62X54R, and should be a great shooter. I just started machining the barrel blank for it.

10. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

I had a real good time getting to know them both.
    And I hope to see them again in the near future. Oldjarhead, thanks for visiting us and bring Shelly.

11. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Betcha it aint as purdy as mine.

12. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Great Pictures,thanks for posting the results.....

I enjoyed looking at them....

13. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

Great pics Scotty but I didn't see a PSL in any of them, LMAO!!!

14. rl69

rl69 G&G Evangelist

did you recalaber the steyer?

15. Seabeescotty

The PSL is coming up, and will be added to the list! Not recaliber, but rather rebarreled. I'm machining a blank barrel, and will chamber it in the new cartridge. I talked to Bob yesterday, and he's sending me some dummy rounds and a clip, to use in prepping the barrel and action. We're still discussing barrel length, and I told him how much I hate to cutdown barrels! LOL! The blank is 26 inches, and we're bouncing between 22 and 24 final length. I'm sure having fun out in the shop. And we are already talking about thenext BBQ!!!!!!!!

16. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Shame on you Scotty for being gone for so long... 30 lashes with a wet noodle and 4 ear licks from CGO :kiss:(or the other way around, your choice!):D.Now get back in the shop and make more goodies for us to drewel over.:arms:

Very nice work. You are a talented man indeed. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  17. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Thanks again for letting us have a glimpse SeaBee !!

18. Seabeescotty

You guys make me feel like I have a place in this cruel world! Thank you, and I wish our oldbuddy was here to share, and joke with us. I apologize for the tardiness, but at times, I just well up in tears when I think of the forum. I'll get over it, and know Mike would scold me for it, but the pain is still fresh and near the surface. I do have some pics of a little exercise with the Savage 10LE, and will try to get them on here today. It was very enlightening, regarding the load I used. I'll be back.....

19. 99z28monster

99z28monster G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

yall are gonna hold the record for most members visited. Maybe ya need a sign in sheet.

20. Seabeescotty

Okay. More pics. I tried out Oldjarhead's model 10, and then my own. Both shot well, but his 24 inch barrel helped lessen the recoil. The next day,I decided to try some lighter loads in my rifle at 100 yards. Here's the pics. After the two sight in shots, the rest grouped pretty well, for an old guy.

Attached Files: