Executive Order — 2010 Amendments to the Manual for Courts-Martial

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Sep 7, 2010.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

According to the below link, Obama issued an Exec Order to amend the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ.

NOTE: The annex is not in the link.

What do you think Obama wants to change in the UCMJ, hmmm?

This is another example of abusing the power of the Office of the POTUS. All legislation is confined to the Congress. The UCMJ was written by Congress. Therefor, the Exec has no power to amend legislation passed by Congress.

Obummer, the constitutional professor!

Constitution of the United States

· ARTICLE I

Section 1
    All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives

Section 8
    Clause 14
    To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces:

Look for your self.

Executive Order-- 2010 Amendments to the Manual for Courts-Martial | The White House

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

ya know what, its fricken trail of other EO's and not one of them spell out just what happened. was there ever a time when laws were written in plain language that all could understand.

3. A quick search of this and no one seems to know what was changed. Whether its just not put out there actually 'classified' I dunno. Gee isn't this transparency stunning and such.

Ah, well maybe I was harsh with my critizism, if so well then I was wrong but I think these are the changes

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/pdf/2010-22279.pdf

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010