extractor problems with PA-63

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by joseph whitney, May 4, 2008.

1. joseph whitney

joseph whitney G&G Newbie

Utah
    I was shooting my PA-63 the other day and it worked fine with Wolf 100 gr. ammo. Now today, I was looking at the pistol and noticed the extractor was missing. My question although dumb is "Can this pistol fire and extract w/o the extractor?" I would like some help if any of you have an answer. Thanks

Joseph

2. it will fire, but it will not extract the empty casing.

3. dgray64

dgray64 G&G Newbie

Yup, it sure will! I had a problem with mine and changed some springs. I inadvertently lost the extractor and had to order another with push rod and spring. In the mean time I took it to the target range and fired at least 50 rounds through it without a hiccup. They are tough pistols!

Dave :09:

4. joseph whitney

Utah
    Thanks for the help, I will order the parts today but in the meantime, I plan to shoot it. Hope mine works the way yours did Dave.

5. joseph whitney

Utah
    Now I need help with the installation of said extractor. Are you out there norm?

Norm,
    In trying to replace the missing extractor I bought, I find it will go in only if the milled spot is facing the outward part of the slide. The other way the milled out place facing the inside of the slide, it won't go in at all. What am I doing wrong? The book I purchased from Ray Rilling didn't help at all. I need a photo I think. Pardon me if I am dumb but it just doesn't work and last time I shot the pistol the exrtractor fell out. I don't want to buy another one.
    Thanks to anyone that helps....

Never mind, I fixed it fine myself. I think the extractor I ordered was the wrong one. Anyway it works fine now. Thanks to those who reponded

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  6. Russian Vegas

Russian Vegas Guest

Joseph, where did you buy the extractor?