F^(#&$ Wolf Ammo

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by shaddownone, Sep 4, 2002.

1. shaddownone

shaddownone Guest

OK, I know about the wolf ammo in the mini-14,,,,
    Don't shoot two clips without 10 min cool down time between each thirty rounder. While I was tending to another, nephew picked it up and spent 50 rounds, causing a case to be stuck in the chamber.
    What is the best way to remove this junk the commies sent over to mess up our American rifle?

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Is the case still stuck in the chamber? You might try dribbling a bit of penetrating oil in, and let it soak awhile. The use a wood dowel down the muzzle into the case, and carefully tap the case out. Clean the chamber with some laquer thinner and a brass chamber brush, as the laquer is built up on the chamber walls. Careful not to get it on the blueing or the stock!
    Then, never shoot Wolf in a good American gun! It's okay for AK's and SKS's, but a no-no for good iron. I know a lot of AR15 shooters swear by it, but I know several who swear at it too.

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

The best way is to buy a broken shell extractor. They are pretty cheap and do no damage to your rifle. I think www.tapco.com has them in .223.

4. Shaddowone,

are you saying the lacquer coating melted and caused the casing to stick?

Though I have never had that problem I do know the last batch of Wolf 7.62 X 39 was extremely...emphasis on extremely, dirty.

If the melted lacquer is the problem you might try and put some lacquer thinner down the pipe. I don't think it will harm the chrome in the barrel....but it might...not sure.

5. shaddownone

shaddownone Guest

Thanks

Didn't know to use a matal or a wooden dowl,

The primer face is not busted so I couldn't even get a case extractor in it.

Will try the laquer thinner then possibly the break free.

:(

6. I shot some non-Wolf Russian ammo in my M1903 - after about ten rounds, the chamber was so sticky I could hardly open it.

7. shaddownone

shaddownone Guest

Shooting days are here again

Sorry for not updating,

Went to the hardware store and bought a brass rod. Few taps it was out. CLeaned it throughly and am shooting again. This time the nephew is only getting one 5 rd clip. I shot the wolf again, this time slowly and no problems. in my after range routine I am starting to clean out the chamber with lacquer thinner until I shoot the remainder of the wolf. :cool: