Taurus Factory new?

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by GlockMeister, Sep 17, 2010.

1. I know it's just a Taurus to some, but, THIS IS NO LONGER FACTORY NEW and SOMEONE LITERALLY SCREWED IT UP TRYING TO DURACOAT IT.

They put it on TOO thick (in my opinion) and they didn't take any care to not Duracoat areas that shouldn't be Duracoated.

Like inside the cylinder and the friggin' trigger! It looks like they even got it into the barrel at the muzzle? WHAT A FRIGGIN' MORON!

Whomever Duracoated this revolver does not know what they're doing and did a horrible job. And to try and sell it off as a rare benefit, pfft, crack me up, it'll blend in with any auto or office interior, ha, ha, ha? They must think everyone is stupid? And since as the saying goes there's a sucker born every minute, I have no doubt someone will fall sucker to this one and buy it...I truly hope not though.

Taurus 617 2" 357 7rd Tan Not SP101 GP100 586 686 : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  2. sourdough44

sourdough44 G&G Regular

WI
    That does look a little funky. I guess if someone gave it to me I'd take it. Plenty of stuff sits & just keeps getting relisted. I've seen some that just come down $10 each time.

3. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

One thing I found out about duracoat and quite by accident is that it comes off with acitone and if you get it in a barrel it should shoot out, however, like you I think this looks real bubbaed.

4. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    O.M.G. Does anything that is supposed to move on that pistol still move? That thing looks worse than the Czarina did when I got her, and she was so gunked up with paint it took 20 hours to get it all off!

5. While it does look sorta...off. Maybe we're missing a point, wouldn't this things duracoat bath turn it into the *gasp* mythical perfect shower gun?

6. Looks like it's made out of clay

7. mike63

mike63 G&G Addict

Holy Crap! I'd have to see it work to believe it. He even painted the grips.

8. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

The Krylon King strikes again!

9. sprale

sprale G&G Newbie

Looks like it was just dropped in a bucket of the stuff.

10. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

For a Taurus , it is probably an improvement...LOL

11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

He duracoated the frigging GRIPS? What a moron, no wonder it didn't sell.

12. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Moose, Moose, what am I going to do with you? All I can say is 33+ years on my Taurus 66, and still going strong.