Glock Fair price for a Glock 23 (.40 S&W)?

Discussion in 'Glock' started by Ninja Piper, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

A friend is offering to trade me his Glock 23 (.40) for my M1 Carbine. He is offering the Glock, 13 round mags x4, and a Serpa belt holster. What would the fair retail and friend prices be for the Glock package?

2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock G&G Newbie

I can get a new 23 through a military discount with 4 mags for $399. The Serpa holster retails $40-$50. Retail for this is about $520 new. I figure something in between.

Fair price would be $450-$475.

You can always look at Gunbroker for asking prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Here locally at retail prices I can pick up basically any Glock version for under $500, depending on which model is on sale that week. Sub-compacts run a little more. But, I'm not sure what the value of an M1 is either.

4. Let's see here... Let's say the Glock cost new around $ 600.00. The holster around $30.00. The mag's cost around $30.00 each that equals $120.00. total for mags. Read on.

By the way I could be wrong but I thought the Glock 23 came with 10 round mag's but it may be a different package than my son bought. He bought his own 13 round mags sepporate.

Your looking somewhere around $750.00 "New" though the pistol had to come with mags, possibly 2 came with the pistol so knock off $60.00 from the total and that comes to...
    $690.00.

Since it's now used I'd say $375.00 to $450.00. The $375.00 is low ball.

Now you did'nt say what M-1 carbine you have. Is an aftermarket clone or is it the real thing and what condition is it in.

You might loose your Bohunky if you don't know the worth of your M-1 cabine.

Best of luck.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  5. We're bout to get new Glock 22's at work and they're offering to let up buy our pistols for $325 if we want them. They are in excellent condition with three mags. $325 is the trade in value that they would get and is low for resale.

So with a Glock 23, I'd say $400 is what they go for around here, plus an extra $40 for the extra two used mags (generally come with two) and $35 for the used holster, which you may not even like. $475 sounds like a price I'd call fair for that.

And hey, if he came to you for the trade, then he may know something about your M1 that you don't. More info on you M1 and the military rifle guys will be able to give you a better value on it. Considering what you've got, it may or may not be a good trade.

6. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Ya, He knows something about that Carbine alright...he knows he can HIT with it!

Ninja, I will let you tell 'em.

7. Martin Rage

Martin Rage G&G Enthusiast

Where can you get such a nice military discount?!

8. Ninja Piper

Yeah, he's never seen an M1 Carbine before. Like Tex said, all he knows is that he can hit with it!

9. jashoffa

jashoffa G&G Newbie

I bought a Glock 23 wtih 3-13 round mags for $400. I wouldn't go much more than allowing $450 for the Glock package deal he is offering and I would try to keep it $400 to $425 if I were you. I don't add much value for one extra mag and a holster but only one or two mags and I would tend to knock more off for the lack of mags than I would add value for extra mags. That's just the way I see it I guess. Good luck and let us know how your deal turns out.

10. Ninja Piper

I don't think the deal will go through. I really don't care for glocks, and it wouldn't be a fair trade for the M1 carbine. Plus, I really don't want to give up the carbine. Now if it were for an M14, that would be a completely different story!

11. bearone2

bearone2 G&G Newbie

this is a winchester m1 i just sold for $1000, how does yours compare? it was in a soft case for 40 years and i got it back in the mid '60's

in july i got an unissued blue label gen3 g23 trijicon ns 2 13rd mags for $418 so $400-450 is reasonble value and below what you'll see on gb.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      6.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg