Fair price on an M1 Carbine?

Discussion in 'M1 Carbine' started by Ninja Piper, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

I have an Erma's M1 Carbine (https://www.gunandgame.com/forums/powder-keg/100069-new-m1-carbine.html) and a friend wants to buy from me. I have the carbine, leather sling/oiler, 500 bullets (components) approx 300 loaded rounds, 1lb powder (2400), lee 3 die carbide set, 15 round mags (2), 30 round mags (3) all with the rubber caps, and about 1100 empty cases.

2. Groan,

questions like this often generate hurt feelings.

However, I would open at one thousand and see how he responds.
    I am a negotiator.

3. Ninja Piper

I'm not trying to hurt any feelings, just trying to find out the value.

4. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    For what you are offering, I estimate everything around $825.50 but that is giving the 2-15 round magazines with the carbine.
    Go a little higher on your initial price and come down when you begin to haggle.
    I don't think anyone's feelings will be hurt...$1K sounds like a reasonable starting price but throw in the sling, oiler, 15 rounds mags as 'freebies'.

5. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

OK, OK, OK...I will give you $25 bucks for it....no 30! But that is my final offer....until you refuse the last offer then I may increase it to 40 but only 10 minutes after refusing my first and second offer so to give you time to wonder if you should have refused my "final" offer or not. If I sense guilt and doubt I will then secure the deal by offering 37 once fired brass cased bulgarian heavy ball brass and a book on how to deprime berdan cases. :22:

6. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

...and 5 dillon decapping pins.

7. Ninja Piper

Smarta$$...

8. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I'll give you $41 and toss in an empty Japanese artillary case. I just polished it and it's shiney!!LOL!!

9. Texas03A3

Texas03A3 G&G Regular

A grand for an ERMA?
    Good way to lose a friend.

A USGI carbine in excellent condition, maybe.
    But an Erma is a far cry from a US in quality, and there's no historic value since they are just a commercial copy.

Sorry, but that's just the way I see it.

10. Ninja Piper

I know it is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. I also understand that it is a civilian copy without any historical value. What would you place it at then?

11. fstdraw

fstdraw G&G Newbie

Dear Sir,

I'd be willing to buy your brass, bullets and all your components if you want to sell them separately. Please let me know. You can contact me at [email protected]. Thank you.

12. oldjarhead

MO
    Perhaps there is no historical attachment to the Erma however, like Plainfield, it will have some collector value...even Universals are selling for $400 - $600; and with all the other goodies as I said before is worth around $850.

Ask your friend what he's willing to offer you FCOL.

13. Ninja Piper

fcol?

14. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

My offer still stands.
    Will pay $150.00 more then you did! :thinkerg:

15. Ninja Piper

Sorry griz, not for sale!

Although I might trade it and all the goodies for an M14/M1A

16. grizcty

Well, you cant say I didn't try!
    LOL :spank:

17. stickhauler

stickhauler G&G Newbie

And anyone who is dropping $400-600 for a Universal is nuts. I can still find real honest USGI Carbines in that range.

The Erma itself would be worth more than a Universal IMHO, as it's a much better copy of the carbine. Adding loaded ammo might not be much of an incentive, at least for me anyway. I just don't much trust shooting someone reloads someone else did, but I treasure my eyesight, and don't care to have a receiver blow up in my face. Not saying you don't know how to reload properly, just that I wouldn't trust my dearest oldest friend's reloads.

The magazines, if USGI, for real 15 round mags, staring price of at least $15.00, the 30 round mags, if real USGI (many have been made that are absolutely fake, but made to look legit) around maybe $100.00 per in the right market. The rubber caps for them aren't real pricey, maybe $5.00 per.

The components and powder, I can't say, I haven't priced them. The leather sling, maybe $15.00, the oiler, if real USGI, maybe the same.

I remember seeing Erma's being sold at Knob Creek last year for around $450.00, so a conservative estimate of what all you're talking about, if real stuff carbine buyers would want would be (just a WAG) around $700.00 range. But the price depends on how willing a buyer is to pay for an item. But that would be around my top price if I were buying. Your mileage may vary.

18. oldjarhead

MO
    FCOL = For Cryin' Out Load

It's a common phrase used many eons ago.

19. boltman707

boltman707 G&G Newbie

I have a complete Rockola m1 for sale to the highest bidder.....

20. grizcty

Hey partner,
    You should post this listing here.

Trading Post - Gun and Game Forums