Fal Drum Mags

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Kodiak32, May 2, 2008.

1. Kodiak32

Kodiak32 G&G Regular

While looking thru a recent edition of shotgun news I noticed that there should be drum mags coming for the FAL and CETME.

Does anyone know anything about these?

2. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

They're probably talking about the Beta mags. There was rumor that they were going to fit the .308 mag to the CETME and FAL about a year ago and they did come out with a .308 beta mag.... but it is listed as for the M1A/M14. Now, there's always the possibility that they finally do come out with one, but I'm just not going to hold my breath, as much as I'd like for it to happen.

Do you have any more explicit info on what the Shotgun News article said in regards to the magazine?

3. Kodiak32

Kodiak32 G&G Regular

Thanks just a car, I thought you, meatloaf or knightrider might have heard something.

I left the shotgun news at work for some of the guys too read, I'll bring it home Monday and post more specific information.

The add listed the models availble and listed the Cetme and Fal as "soon too come".

By the way I'm looking to join the Cetme ranks fairly soon... Pretty excited..

Here's a link to drum mags, very expensive, not sure if it's the same thing I saw in SSN.

Allied Armament Home Page

Pics on a Cetme.

50 round .308 drum magazine for H&K G3, PTR 91, SW91 and FAL | The Firearm Blog

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  4. Kodiak32

Kodiak32 G&G Regular

The ad for the mags is in the April 10th, 2008 "Shotgun News", second page.

Add information:

Allied Armament

50 round .308 Drum Mag
    Retail price w/out mag pouch $225.00
    Retail price with mag pouch $255.00
    Dealer pricing availible

Currently availible for the G3

Coming Soon:
    December: FNFAL
    January: M1A/M14
    Febuary: AR10
    March: Galil and Saiga .308

Allied Armament Home Page

5. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

That's awesome, Kodiak!!! :bigeyes:

Good find!... Now if only I could justify spending $400+ on a piece of molded plastic. :sad2:

6. Kodiak32

Kodiak32 G&G Regular

I know what you mean about the $400.00 bucks, the price will have to go down big time if they want to sell any.

7. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

No, they'll sell 'em... just like Beta-Co sells their's at over $200 for the AR-15, but at least it carries 100 rounds out of dual drums.

8. i am interested but dang at the $ .

9. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

Yeah, I imagine I could build my own for half that and probably make it have a higher capacity.