Favorite Cereal With Milk

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Brother Bob, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My favorites are Raisin Bran, Shreaded Wheat, Grape Nuts, Kellogg’s Corn Flakes, and Captain Crunch. Remember when Captain Crunch came out and they sent a small box in the mail to sample? Also love Chocolate Malto Meal. Got to cook it and add milk. Good hearty breakfast if eggs and bacon are not on the menu. For all of you who are getting older. Remember that our bones ai:)n’t what they used to be, so drink milk or eat cheese. You all have fun with this post. I’m sure I forgot a cereal that I like.

jimkim, BigEd63, ncnascarlady and 2 others like this.
  2. Mindy up North

Mindy up North G&G Evangelist

"great grains" with pecans. I also add a handfull of cashews and dried cranberries...and super cold milk!

When I am feeling naughty, Fruity Pebbles, and again, ice cold milk. One box of fruit pebbles for me equates to a single serving :D

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020

3. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I like all the great grains stuff.

Used to love peanut butter Cap’n Crunch

Raisin Bran, which is great grains on a budget lol

I love coco wheats with 1/2 & 1/2 for a hot cereal.

4. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Oh, forgot the fall back. Just combine a bunch of different stuff in a big bowl with Saturday morning cartoons.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hell yes! :D

6. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I'm okay with it if we only have coco pebbles.
    but I'm also okay if we have LIFE, frosted flakes, corn puffs, special-K and several others.

I don't need to do the bran type colon blow specials.

I'm good with anything a 6 y.o. would like [or want you to buy anyway] and will eat a bowl of cereal just about any time of day or night if it's something I like.

7. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Cheerios, sometimes with bananas or strawberries. Once in a while, I'll eat some of the wife's mini shredded wheat, if'n I can get away with it.:oops:

BigEd63, jerry and K75RT like this.
  8. draftingmonkey

draftingmonkey G&G Evangelist

With milk - white rice with cinnamon and sugar, oatmeal with brown sugar and raisens.

Gray Wolf, jerry and Jaison like this.
  9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I prefer nonsugared ceral. Especially basic Cornflakes, Cheerio Os and Bran Flakes. My "naughty" entry is Cocoa Puffs. I like the "chocolate milk" drink at the end.

Brother Bob, Jaison and K75RT like this.
  10. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I dont care for milk so would be dry cereal. Only use milk in cooking. I just stick to dry granola and like the Nature Valley cereal and grain bars. I like the ones with peanut and cashew

11. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

Cinnamon toast crunch! Cocoa Pebbles, Lucky Charms, Museli, broken up graham crackers, with dry marshmallow bits. Cooked rice, with butter, sugar, vanila extract, and cinnamon.

I like Cheerio's, but I burp them for hours after eating.

jimkim and jerry like this.
  12. Shredded wheat, oat meal, cinnamon bunches of oats, Alpen, creme of wheat, corn flakes, puffed rice...nothing really sweetened...

jimkim, jerry and Jaison like this.
  13. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Oatmeal, mini shredded wheat or bran flakes.

Cut up banana, honey and cold milk.

jimkim, jerry and K75RT like this.
  14. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Not a cereal kinda guy. So I will say none of the above.:)

jimkim and K75RT like this.
  15. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

One of my favorites from when I was a kid that I wish was still around was the original Smores crunch , that stuff was the bomb. My girlfriend's latest greatest favorite is the honey oatmeal crunch Cheerios & her fruity pebbles. I also like the "Hospitality" Raisin Bran from Winco and the Strawberry Mini Spooners and Peanut Butter crunch. Other Staples in the house include Honey Nut Cheerios, Corn Flakes, fruity or cocoa Dyno bites with marshmallows, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruit Loops & Cookie Crisp :) . Once in a while we may grab some Apple Jacks or something else but you get the gist

jerry and Jaison like this.
  16. graybeard

graybeard G&G Enthusiast

Virginia
    Cereal? Back when I had hair (MANY MOON AGO!) - Cheerios with strawberries.
    Now - Eggs, bacon and toast.....and don't even think of yanking the bacon away!

K75RT, BigEd63, jerry and 1 other person like this.
  17. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Our local independent supermarket had Smores by, I think, Post the last time I went shopping. Junior bought a box of that, and a box of Pop Tarts Cereal.

This is why I hate taking him shopping with me.

BigEd63 and graybeard like this.
  18. alleyyooper

alleyyooper G&G Evangelist

Michigan
    Being a diabetic I have a major problem with cereal and milk.Cereal can not be a sugery kind so I mostly do Cherrios and a bit of milk. Milk drives up my sugar and is a quick way to raise low sugar.

As a kid how ever we had cream of wheats, maltomeal, coco wheats, rolston, rice with cinniom shredded wheat soaked in boiling water then drained add milk for hot cereal.

Dad loved post toastys Hated them because they got soggy and were yukky but then dad enjoyed torn up white bread and milk too.
    Depresstion kid I guess.

I liked coco puffs and the reeases pieces were better than potato chips right out of the box dry.

Main breakfast these days is Eggs any way and sauage/bacon and a slice of toast. Biskets and gravey is also great when i have a day of hard work planed where I can burn the carbs off in a couple hours.

Al

19. Cinnamon Life cereal, Corn Chex, Cheerios and Raison Bran.

I don't like overly sweet cereal.

Nothing with added sugar since the Nixon administration.

Jaison and Bigfoot like this.
  20. I'm a big fan of dry cereal as a snack but don't like cereal with milk.

Cyrano likes this.